Long time lurker stepping into the light. :D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! As I am sure you noticed when you were lurking, there is lots of great information and a sense of community where people are willing to guide you. There is a great sticky in the beginner thread about searching the forum that you can find almost anything you are looking for.

I look forward to seeing some of your soaps!

Welcome! As I am sure you noticed when you were lurking, there is lots of great information and a sense of community where people are willing to guide you. There is a great sticky in the beginner thread about searching the forum that you can find almost anything you are looking for.

I look forward to seeing some of your soaps!

Thank you!

Oh definitely. I made full use of everything I could find and will continue to do so. :)

I will have to post some pics soon. I have a few at the moment I can share. Activated charcoal has been my go-to recipe lately.

Yay! New nerdy soap person! I can already tell that I'm going to be looking forward to your posts and experiments.

A warm welcome from another recent arrival!

But I feel I really ought to warn you: soapmaking is like highlining a powerful drug, once you get into it, you're losing sleep thinking about whether to make a salt soap tomorrow, why today's batch went that strange colour, how on earth you can get hold of bear tallow*...

... well I wasn't thinking about bear tallow before but gosh darnit I am now thanks!

Hi Alex and welcome!

Hello there Alex. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.
So many wonderful people. Hello all! :D

"Thixotropic"?

Isn't that a Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie standard? Like "Ornithology"? :D
Or perhaps a Vangelis album title also.

Welcome to the forum, Alex....and to your new addiction!

IrishLass :)
I'm familiar with your posts and you have guided me across new ground more than once. Thank you for the warm welcome and useful info. :D

Yay! New nerdy soap person! I can already tell that I'm going to be looking forward to your posts and experiments.

... well I wasn't thinking about bear tallow before but gosh darnit I am now thanks!
I regularly bite off more than I can chew so I will make sure I share it with the community. ;)

The most exotic oil I've used is in my daily charcoal bar: Tamanu Oil. Bear Tallow sounds a touch like "Unobtainium" to me. o_O

download.jpg

Back