Long lasting bath bomb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bathing Evolved

Reaction score
How can I make my bath bomb last a really really long time? I'm talking up to an hour.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks guys!

a real therapeutic experience that can last around an hour since the CO2 from a bath bomb is extremely healing to the cells in our bodies.
Since I prefer baths to showers, 20 minutes is the optimum time for a therapeutic soak in my experience. Any longer than that, and you emerge looking like a prune all over! 😁

Q: How long should you soak in Dr Teal's Epsom Salts?
A: 20 minutes

Quick & Easy Regimen: Soothe sore muscles with 2 cups of Dr Teal's Epsom salt. Soak for 20 minutes 2 times per week.

ZANY'S DETOX BATH SALTS

Last edited:
Since I prefer baths to showers, 20 minutes is the optimum time for a therapeutic soak in my experience. Any longer than that, and you emerge looking like a prune all over! 😁

Quick & Easy Regimen: Soothe sore muscles with 2 cups of Dr Teal's Epsom salt. Soak for 20 minutes 2 times per week.

ZANY'S DETOX BATH SALTS
Is there a way to achieve a 20min lasting CO2 fizz from a prototype bathbomb/Alka Seltzer

I have but Im having difficulties. I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that could help provide some tips or ingredients that could make this prototype last longer.
Seriously?
Use the Recipe Feedback Forum to get input from a wider audience for each batch you try before you try it.

Trial & Error is the best teacher. Make as many small batches as you can, as often as you can. If you put the time and effort into it, hopefully you will end up with a solid formula that delivers every time you make it.

GOOD LUCK!

you could change the percentage of citric acid to baking soda. When I followed a recipe from the book Fun in the tub, it lasted beyond my bath time (about 30 minutes)! I didn’t like that, so I changed it to the percentage of Humble bee and me’s recipe like before.

ZANY'S DETOX BATH SALTS
I'm going to try your detox bath salt recipe. I have one additional ingredient that I usually add, which is magnesium flakes because they also apparently get absorbed and most of us don't get enough magnesium. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XF6J5V1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've also found that the harder they're packed, they longer they last.
Wow! thanks so much, this is a really good tip and helpful advice. I'm going to look into getting a press to use.
Seriously?
Use the Recipe Feedback Forum to get input from a wider audience for each batch you try before you try it.

Trial & Error is the best teacher. Make as many small batches as you can, as often as you can. If you put the time and effort into it, hopefully you will end up with a solid formula that delivers every time you make it.

GOOD LUCK!
Thank you, ill look in that forum!

I find that using SLSA or SCI makes it last longer.
Okay wow, I love this advice. I just looked into SLSA and I love that its an organic alternative to SLS. SCI is interesting too, so what about these two makes the bath bomb last longer?

you could change the percentage of citric acid to baking soda. When I followed a recipe from the book Fun in the tub, it lasted beyond my bath time (about 30 minutes)! I didn’t like that, so I changed it to the percentage of Humble bee and me’s recipe like before.
This is literally genius. Thank you so much, out of all the advice Ive received here, this has been by far the most helpful for my goal!

Back