Long Island Dad - saying hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
Already made a couple of posts without properly introducing myself. My name is Christian and from Long Island NY. Bought some soap from a certain company with silly commercials that has Big Foot as their mascot. Think you could figure it out. After that started researching making your own soap. Found it super interesting and never really had a hobby. Seems like an odd hobby for a 49 year old man but here we are and I bought a bunch of equipment and will make my first batch this weekend. Been reading so much on this forum and have found it fascinating. Looking forward to learning lots and lots from everyone.

Welcome dude! I too am a dude, even though my name may mislead most. Soap making is fun, cuz it’s like science and art rolled into one. And soap is something EVERYONE needs and uses and contributes to a healthier cleaner lifestyle.

Already made a couple of posts without properly introducing myself. My name is Christian and from Long Island NY. Bought some soap from a certain company with silly commercials that has Big Foot as their mascot. Think you could figure it out. After that started researching making your own soap. Found it super interesting and never really had a hobby. Seems like an odd hobby for a 49 year old man but here we are and I bought a bunch of equipment and will make my first batch this weekend. Been reading so much on this forum and have found it fascinating. Looking forward to learning lots and lots from everyone.

Welcome Christian...LOTS of men make soap. Check out Patrick from Soapy Oaks Farm (an excellent resource for some off-the-wall milk soap)s and Clyde (of the "Clyde Slide" fame) from Vibrant Soap on YouTube. There are other male soapers on YouTube and of course, there are quite a few men that post regularly here.

I love Dr Squatch...at least with regard to their commercials; haven't tried their soap yet. But if you can’t have fun doing something, why do it at all?

Last edited:
Back