Long cures and Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A really good way is to find someone who has a positive review for a FO that you do like.
Then you know that their "nose" is the same as yours.
Then you can look for other reviews by them and you can be pretty sure their sense of smell will be like yours.

You can also do this in a negative way to cross off those FOs that someone loved when they also loved an FO that you hated.

That will be a good thing to do, thank you for the hint.

Thank you all for replying! Im going to order some of these in 4 oz just to try them and see. I know the ones Ive used for years and certainly I have made my notes but it is very frustrating when fragrance is expensive and there are so many. It is nice that we can share the information between us. I hope we can keep this thread going so when we find one that works so well we can share the info. I'm not sure that the fragrance oil spreadsheets are getting updated or added to very often. Thank you again.

Interesting about the, WSP Raspberry Lemonade, it does not stick for me at all, fades to nothing.

It sticks like crazy for me as well.....wonder why it doesn't for you? That's interesting, just shows fragrances act differently for some. I have a bar almost a year old and it still makes my mouth water. I use this one at 5% as it's pretty strong.

Most likely it is the Recipe where the scent fades I would assume.
Maybe it is what ever the highest amount of one oil is ?

Kinda like my soaps have high Palm so they trace/gel/cut faster?

And I don't find that palm makes my soap gel any faster than my lard. Amount of liquid is what decides that in my recipes. More liquid the faster it gels. Certainly recipe and technique.

Back