London Fog Soap with glycerin rivers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsZ

Obsessive hobbyist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep the other night because I had a soap design idea in my head. I wanted to do a milk soap, that looked like a London Fog tea drink.

The base is colored ever so slightly with red vibrance mica from NS. The top is supposed to look like frothed milk on top of the tea. It is colored with TD. And I tried to give it a little character by putting a cinnamon colored swirl down the center. It would have looked better without it. 😁

The whole thing is scented with "Afternoon Tea" FO from NS. It smells very tea like, a little like Earl grey tea.

A London Fog (at least in the US) is made with Earl grey tea, vanilla flavoring, milk, and milk foam on top. And sweetened as well.

With that in mind, I used milk as about 70% of the liquid, the rest was cold brewed Vanilla Comoro tea.

I'm not sure what's going on with the top though, maybe glycerin rivers? Never had them before so I'm not sure. I'm not comfortable zap testing it yet because it's not yet 24 hours old.
IMG_20210716_104723961~2.jpg

IMG_20210716_104753554.jpg

Such pretty soap! Those could be glycerin rivers, but I'm leaning towards something that wasn't completely mixed.
As I poured it, I was thinking it looked like I didn't get my TD mixed as well as I should have. Of it doesn't zap, it's still safe to use, correct?

I couldn't sleep the other night because I had a soap design idea in my head. I wanted to do a milk soap, that looked like a London Fog tea drink.

The base is colored ever so slightly with red vibrance mica from NS. The top is supposed to look like frothed milk on top of the tea. It is colored with TD. And I tried to give it a little character by putting a cinnamon colored swirl down the center. It would have looked better without it. 😁

The whole thing is scented with "Afternoon Tea" FO from NS. It smells very tea like, a little like Earl grey tea.

A London Fog (at least in the US) is made with Earl grey tea, vanilla flavoring, milk, and milk foam on top. And sweetened as well.

With that in mind, I used milk as about 70% of the liquid, the rest was cold brewed Vanilla Comoro tea.

I'm not sure what's going on with the top though, maybe glycerin rivers? Never had them before so I'm not sure. I'm not comfortable zap testing it yet because it's not yet 24 hours old.View attachment 59387
View attachment 59389
very preety

Back