Logo Choices

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest:
The 2nd one: crockpot? Bubbles upside down.
When using all capitals, they should be the same size.

The 3rd one doesn't differ much from the 1st?!

Perhaps a cleaner font and just a few bubbles round the "B" ?

If you pay them, they might think a bit more outside the box .....

And BTW, my first impression of the pic in the second was that it was an odd rendition of reproductive organs with bubbles :problem:

Yes. That was my first thought when I saw it, as well. Too funny.
If two of us saw that, there's bound to be others. Probably don't want that on a logo.

I like the first one. I am not understanding the design on the second logo. I am not a fan. The tagline on the 2nd and 3rd would be perfect with the 1st logo.

Yes. That was my first thought when I saw it, as well. Too funny.
If two of us saw that, there's bound to be others. Probably don't want that on a logo.

Me too, to the above :shock:. I would put Artisan soap, instead of Handcrafted, it sounds more sophisticated.

Guys do not get me wrong but paying for such poor design is outrageous. Please choose the artist someone who is a designer and get nice logo. Sorry to burst the bubbles...:(
These are concept drawings. Having gone through this with my brother for his company, the artist will generally refine the choice based on feedback. To judge these based on face value (at least what I have learned) would be like judging a painting by the pencil sketch.

Lbussy, I am a bit equipped to criticize it. We learned in school how to do it, and it is not way to do it. I had done some, many actually. I think you should find someone who goes to art school. Young person they are the ones who think outside the box. I am thinking about a student. Web designers are also good at designing logos. Logo is something that catches the eye and is easy to remember, and recognize. It is very important that you chose something wisely, it will be your signature:))
So far there is nothing to chose from. The concept drawing are kind of not very original. Oh maybe I should not say anything.... I do not mean to offend anyone.

Lbussy, I am a bit equipped to criticize it. We learned in school how to do it, and it is not way to do it. I had done some, many actually. I think you should find someone who goes to art school.
If her potential clients were all Art students then you might have an argument. As it is (as a consumer), I have about as much background to comment on it as anyone.

Just a thought......I would want any image used in my logo not to be ambiguous. I think it should relate somehow to the product or the company name. You shouldn't have to look at it and think....what the heck is that? Bubbles.....good. The other thingy....not so much.

If you have a photo editing program, (most computers come with a basic one, and they usually have some graphic images included in them, or you can import your own), you could play around with it and I bet you could come up with something really nice on your own. Logos and branding can be tricky.If you're thinking to yourself, well yeah, I guess that could work....it's not the right one for you. Once you hit the right idea, you'll know it. Good luck!

Here's my 2 cents worth on Logo and label design. I fancy myself a pretty decent graphic designer - ametuer, that is. I love my Photoshop and am quite proficient in it. I have spent endless hours on my labels. At first, I had fancy professional looking labels. I think they would have been fine in boutiques and retail stores, but I realized that for craft shows people like simple, crafty looking labels. I think you have to know your audience. I think this logo design is very simple and basic, but I think it works just fine for promoting handcrafted, artisan :) products at craft shows and markets.

I am neither graphic art trained, merchandising trained, or anything else remotely professionally qualified to give an opinion here. Read on at your own risk!

I like the bubbles on the first one. A lot. I kind of like the font on it also(more than the other 2, at any rate). I like the phrasing of the second one better. Don't like the last one at all.

If her potential clients were all Art students then you might have an argument. As it is (as a consumer), I have about as much background to comment on it as anyone.
I am a customer, and I put my attention on logo, colors,and the packaging:)
I would say I am average customer..

You guys are having the businesses you probably are right. If I had to chose i would chose the first one too:)

I really like the first one, it's cute and fun; but prefer the wording on the second one.

I like the first one as something more suited as a business card. I like the last one as something that would catch my eye if I was walking through a craft fair and was thinking about buying soap.

Back