Login Issues

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by earlene, Nov 14, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Nov 14, 2018 #1

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

Searching all the threads for the answers to the login issues is cumbersome, so I am posting a new thread in hopes of finding answers.

I cannot log in today and I know absolutely and positively my login information is 100% accurate. How do I sign in now? I do NOT want to change my password. But if I have to change my password, I recall reading that isn't working for people either, so have not tried that.

My login is username based (an email address) and password. I DO NOT and will not log in via a third party app with FB or Google, so that has nothing to do with the login issue I am having.

I do have a question about passwords. IF we have to change our password are we still allowed to use the same password. I HATE sites that don't allow you to use the same password ever again and will not use them unless absolutely necessary (like a banking institution for example). I have noticed password complexity is not an issue and I like that, so please don't ever make complex passwords a requirement.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Nov 14, 2018 #2

earlene

earlene

earlene

As far as can determine I have never received an 'activation email'. From what email address is it generated? EDIT: activation email comes from: support@soapmakingfriend.com
    The title of the activation email is: Soapmaking Recipe B.
    Is it actually generated at all, since I saw mention that other have never received one either.

So the 're-send activation email' button is non-functioning as far as I can determine.

Edit: I found the original activation notice in my spam folder. But in using that to go to the link in the email, when I try to log in, I cannot log in. And when I ask it to re-send the activation email, it says there is no account for the email address I just used to get to that link in the first place. Yes, there is or you wouldn't have sent me the first email, right?

PS. This login issue is both with FF and Edge.

3. Nov 14, 2018 #3

earlene

earlene

earlene

Perhaps you could add a feature to 'Always stay logged in'. It is quite common on many forums, and sure would be nice for the calculator. Perhaps it might solve some of the login issues, too, although I don't know if that is the case or not.

4. Nov 14, 2018 #4

Yooper

Yooper

Yooper

You don't see a place to log in, like this?:
    login.png

I clicked 'remember me' and I just see that screen when I enter, so I don't have to reenter the same name/password combo.

5. Nov 14, 2018 #5

earlene

earlene

earlene

yes

EDIT: Yes that is the exact same screen. It doesn't let me log in. It says it is not a valid username or password. I try to re-enter the password, which I know is absolutely the correct password. It doesn't accept the password.

And later on it says it won't even resend the activation link claiming no account is associated with that email address. But I found the first activation email in my email inbox, so that makes no sense.

I got tired of waiting, so I created another account using another email address. I am afraid to log out, but at some point, my browser will log me out or my computer will have to be shut off or some such will happen and I fear I won't be able to log in with the new account either. Until that happens I won't really know, though. If the problem logging into the first account were to be resolved, perhaps I might have less fear about not being able to log into the second one if I log out.

6. Nov 15, 2018 #6

earlene

earlene

earlene

Well the strangest thing just happened. As expected, when my computer went to sleep, I was signed out of the program and when I went back to log in again I got this message:

SoapBuilder Calculator login not activated msg 001.JPG

But there is no activation message in my email. I've looked for it several different times today. I asked for it to be re-sent and still no email has arrived. It's not in my spam folder like it was in the other email account with the other login account. It's not in my trash. It's just not there anywhere. SO I thought, well, that's it, I'm getting too frustrated to keep on dealing with this. BUT, I decided to try again in another open browser page (same browser, just a different window) and I was able to sign in. That's really weird. But I still have this message that my account is not activated. But at least I can log in and save soap formulas, albeit they print with that 'not activated' message.

PS. I think the automatic sign out is a time-out issue that could be resolved. I never get signed out of SMF when my computer goes to sleep. I would prefer to never be signed out unless I manually sign myself out.

7. Nov 15, 2018 #7

earlene

earlene

earlene

Regarding the first account (account #1 created on Nov. 8). It just seems to have been deleted somehow. I am pretty sure I didn't do that or even know if it is possible for me to do that. But it seems it was gone, because I created a new account using the same email address and now I have two accounts. I DID get another activation email for account #1A (created just now) so used that to activate the account. So what I see is the message to activate the account, so I tried to activate it again and it told me the account was already activated, but that message to activate the account just sticks to the top of the page. So I thought if I logged out and logged back in, it would go away. So I logged out and now I cannot log in again with account #1A. It says:

You can Only Have 5 Wrong Login attempts on 15 Minutes , Please try Again Later

Why would it say that? There were no Wrong Login attempts because it is a brand new account (again.)

Still no activation email for account #2 (created earlier today with a different email address), though.

8. Nov 15, 2018 #8

Yooper

Yooper

Yooper

I have no idea what's going on- but the weird issue with being able to sign in in a different window makes me think that clearing your history/cache and trying again may work.
    In the meantime, I've asked the developer to take a look. I'll keep you posted if he can come up with anything!

9. Nov 15, 2018 #9

Dawni

Dawni

Dawni

I mentioned it in the other thread several times that I always get logged out. I have my browser save my passwords so it's always there but I keep needing to log in every time I want to use it.

My remember me is checked. I've already cleared my cache several times since first posting about this.

I'm using Google Chrome on Android btw

10. Nov 15, 2018 #10

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Hello ,
    Thanks for your testing and helpful feedback ,
    Can you please tell me what is the username of your accounts ( old account and new account ) ?
    Thank you!

11. Nov 15, 2018 #11

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

I confirm this issue , and this is something I'm going to check soon
    Thank you!

Dawni likes this.
  12. Nov 16, 2018 #12

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

This should be fixed now , please confirm ( you may need to login once more :) )
    Thank you!

13. Nov 17, 2018 #13

Dawni

Dawni

Dawni

Yes you're right! I stayed logged in from yesterday. Thank you..

Now for me the only issue is what's mentioned in the other thread. Saved recipes don't load properly..