L’occitane with EOs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penelopejane

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make the l’occitane fragrance with essential oils? Is that possible?
I think it’s their verbena fragrance that I like.

L’occitane says:
PERFUMERY NOTES
Top notes: Lemon, Orange
Middle notes: Verbena, Petitgrain
Base notes: Rose, Geranium

And An FO dupe uses: sparkling top notes of lemon and a little lime and peach, atop a base of rose, geranium, and green lemon leaves.

I am totally new to EOs. I haven’t bought any yet and don’t want to waste lots of EOs experimenting. I also don’t want a hugely $$ solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can see verbena and geranium are the most $$$ EOs so maybe this isn’t a great idea?

Last edited:
Are you trying to replicate a perfume?
I don't want to be discouraging, but I think it's going to be difficult to replicate. Perfumists use all sorts of ingredients to achieve their scents and they only mention a handful of them in their descriptions. But, if there's a certain note you really like, you might want to look into buying a small amount to play with.

You don't need to waste a lot of EO when experimenting with a blend. You can use cotton balls or Q-tips and store them in a sealed jar. Start with a combination of drops of lemon and orange-top notes, verbena and petitgrain-middle notes, rose and geranium-base notes. Put each combination on a Q-Tip or cotton ball and store the complete combinations in a sealed jar. Wait a day or two, take the lid off and waft the scent from the jar to your nose. You can experiment with different combinations until you get one that is close to what you desire. Keep careful records of each blend so that you will remember the combinations. When you get close to the original scent, you might want to experiment by adding a little peach and/or lime.
"Generally, a perfume consists of 3 parts (50%) top note, 2 parts (33%) middle note and 1 part (17%) base note."

Source: https://www.perfumersworld.com

Last edited:
I've tried the above with the fat end of toothpicks too... Not sure if it does actually soak up less of the oil (yes, I'm stiggy lol) but that was the assumption when I did it lol

Latest posts

Back