Loaf molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I could purchase a silicone loaf mold that's 3in×3in×10in. I have wooden loaf molds this size that I made but can not find any silicone loaf molds this size. I really like square soap. They have them in single bar soap molds but no loaf molds. If anybody knows where I could buy one or maybe a company that makes custom silicone soap molds I would be so much appreciated. I might be out of luck for this one. In a few hours it will be New years so Happy New Years everybody!

The most common soap loaf molds on Amazon, like this one, make a loaf that is H 3 x W 2.7 x L 10 inch. If you’re not set on 3x3 you can easily make 2.7x2.7. The slightly smaller bars work well for smaller hands, but if you’re after a heftier bar, you can cut the bars thicker. If you’re set on 3x3, search for resin molds that size on Amazon.

Got my first mold from Amazon. 3x3x10 shouldn't be hard to find.
I have tried Amazon but nothing shows up in that size would you happen to know what company you bought your mold or maybe a link if not that's OK I sent a message to a company that makes custom molds I'm just waiting to here back from them😁

Hi CLMP!

Fellow Canadian Soaper here!

I like my wood molds with silicone insert from Candora out of London, ON (Wood & Silicone Loaf Soap Mold Set Candora Soap).

They also have other selection of silicone molds (Silicone Molds & Columns Candora Soap).

I live relatively close to them, so shipping might be cheaper for me, but you should check it out. If you need something closer, try Yellowbee out of Alberta (Moulds). Their loaf mold is a little more expensive than Candora, but again, you might save on the shipping (Soap Mold - 1kg Loaf Mould - SM-010).

Hi CLMP!

Fellow Canadian Soaper here!

I like my wood molds with silicone insert from Candora out of London, ON (Wood & Silicone Loaf Soap Mold Set Candora Soap).

They also have other selection of silicone molds (Silicone Molds & Columns Candora Soap).

I live relatively close to them, so shipping might be cheaper for me, but you should check it out. If you need something closer, try Yellowbee out of Alberta (Moulds). Their loaf mold is a little more expensive than Candora, but again, you might save on the shipping (Soap Mold - 1kg Loaf Mould - SM-010).
Oh thank you I actually love Candora stuff I will check it out.

So I have been looking everywhere but still couldn't find any silicone molds the size I want. They all seem to be 2.25× 3 in but with every ones help I stumbled across a Canadian company that makes custom soap molds made out of HDPE Plastic. So now I'm wondering if anybody has tried this type of mold, it unscrews and comes apart and I'm wondering if it's easy to unmold or is there a chance it might rip the soap. It sounds like a good mold. Just wondering what my SMF soaping family thinks about these kind of molds before I order some😄

I stumbled across a Canadian company that makes custom soap molds made out of HDPE Plastic. So now I'm wondering if anybody has tried this type of mold, it unscrews and comes apart and I'm wondering if it's easy to unmold or is there a chance it might rip the soap.
I have one that I bought from Hobby Lobby in the early days. It could have been the quality of the HDPE, but I had one heck of a time trying to get my soap out of it. I later found out that I should have rubbed the inside with a little mineral oil or lined it with freezer paper (I haven't used it since then). With that said, I know several folks who have had success with them.

So I did find out from the company that makes these HDPE Plastic molds and she said they are tricky to unmold specially for slow moving oils but she said they work good for HP soaping which I don't know how to do yet so I'm back to square one. I was really hoping to find a silicone mold the shape I want for those days when I don't feel like lining my mold. But it is what it is!!! 😆 lol. I will have to learn to enjoy lining my molds 😆 lol. It take me a long time too do!!! I'm sure I will get quicker at it with experience!

Have you seen the Elly's Everyday video on lining a soap mold with one folded piece of paper? If not, it's on YouTube here:
She goes into great detail, showing how it works with any mold size. I tried once with freezer paper and it was great — no leaks! I wasn't very fast, but some practice would make it a pretty quick job. 🍀 Good luck!

Have you seen the Elly's Everyday video on lining a soap mold with one folded piece of paper? If not, it's on YouTube here:
She goes into great detail, showing how it works with any mold size. I tried once with freezer paper and it was great — no leaks! I wasn't very fast, but some practice would make it a pretty quick job. 🍀 Good luck!

Thank you I will watch this tonight before bed!

Yup this is a amazing way to line a mold thank 😊 you for sharing this does look alot easier then the way I've been doing it. I use like 5 different pieces of paper 😆 lol.

I remember a long time ago I had made a pattern out of thick cardboard that I would then use as a template to make my liner for my wooden molds. Well it's been a long time since I have had to do that as 6 or 7 years I bit that cost and ordered my first clear acrylic mold from www.customcrafttools.com and have not regretted since. My soaps come out of the molds nice and smooth and I used to lose a bar on each end on my wooden molds as it was really hard to get perfect corners with a liner. I will say the only negative is they will not last as long as a wood mold as over time even if you don't over tighten the bolts that hold the mold together will start to get small cracks in the acrylic. I have two more on order right now and I would say I get about 3 to 4 years out of them and I make 2 to 4 batches a day so they have saved me a ton of time and soap by going to them.

Latest posts

Back