Loaf Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igbabygirl

Reaction score
I would like to make my own soap loaf mold and wondered if anyone has made their own or could give me the dimensions for making one. I'd like to make a 2-3 lb one and a 4-5 lb one. I've searched the net for instructions and can't seem to find any. I'd appreciate any info anyone can share.

In-Dea

My husband made a mold for me out of 1/2"x5 1/2" lumber. It is the width of the board, with two ends and a bottom (I know, seems like a "duh!") He screwed it together, which might not have been the best idea as it cracked a little bit. Wood glue would probably be better.

We tried to use boards that did not have knots in them, so the knots would not imprint the soap.

I believe white pine (?) is the best wood to use as it has no knots, and I've seen others on here with white pine molds.

From what I know (I'm still new too) you can use pretty much anything for a mold. The mold I have been using for my first few batches is actually a hard plastic egg tray that came with my fridge! LOL. It holds a 3-4 lb batch and works awesomely!

P.S. My wooden log mold that hubby made me is about 16" long, and would hold a 6-7 lb batch I think.

Good luck!

Back