Loaf Mold vs Slab with Dividers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuirkyBlossom

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and read a few opinions on molds, but many of them were a little older.

So loaf vs slab with dividers...

Do you prefer one over the other? If so, why?

If you love your loaf molds, what is your favorite cutting tool?

I've searched the forum and read a few opinions on molds, but many of them were a little older.

So loaf vs slab with dividers...

Do you prefer one over the other? If so, why?

If you love your loaf molds, what is your favorite cutting tool?

Both?

Each one has different uses. Depending on the design you want to do, you use the appropriate mold.

As far as favorite loaf cutter, I love my metal Bud Cutter. but any of his cutters are awesome

Ditto what kchaystack said- both- because they each give me different swirling design options (although I should mention that my slab does not have dividers).

When it comes to cutting my soap from either type of mold, I confess I'm old-school- I just use my trusty knife and a ruler.

IrishLass :)

I would recommend a simple loaf mold, such as Brambleberry's 10" silicone mold, as a first mold. It's a great little mold. Even now that I typically do larger batches, I still use it a lot.

The big flaw of slab molds is all that top surface area, so if you get ricing or seizing, that's a lot more bumpy surface area.

Latest posts

Back