Little lizard :( and my stupid cat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have a gazillion lizards here. I have a cat. Shes the lizard queen.

I always try to save them....scoop them up before she finishes them off and put them outside and hope for the best for the little guy. They always get in the house, which is a death trap for them :(

For some reason i got attached to this little one. I noticed the usual excitement from betty, meaning, she sees a lizard. I looked over and the poor little thing is struggling to get into my roomba.

Seems like its too late, but i scooped him up anyway. At first he started biting me (doesnt hurt), so i figured he had a good chance since he still seemed feisty. Then he just started settling into my hand. Im like awwwww. I have lots of aloe plants, so i put it all over its wounds. I made a little make-shift terrarium for him out of a tupperware and put a fluorescent light over him, and he really seemed to be doing well...moving around a little in the morning. Still had all of its appendages. I couldnt put him outside. His skin was all ripped off. He looked like a little raw flat chicken wing with no skin.

He died today. Poor little guy ☹️

Ahhh, was it a Giant Day Gecko? I know you have a lot of them in Florida. They just cannot take that kind of injury and survive. If it happens again I would just put lizzy in a tupperware or deli cup with a damp paper towel in a warm area with no light so it can rest and possibly heal. But with a large loss of skin it is real iffy although the poor thing probably died as much from stress as the injury.

A little anole i think. I put a piece of lettuce in there. Wasnt sure if they eat that, but at least for the moisture/humidity. It was still alive here the next morning

Attachments

• D8761780-4882-4F34-B5F7-1AD6CADB51B1.jpeg
    D8761780-4882-4F34-B5F7-1AD6CADB51B1.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 13
Cat bites are bad news for little critters because of the bacteria that live in cat's mouths. I used to have cockatiels as well as cats, and I was always mindful of this risk. You have to get the bitten one on antibiotics asap to have any chance of survival.

I'm sorry your little guy didn't make it.

We have a gazillion lizards here. I have a cat. Shes the lizard queen.

I always try to save them....scoop them up before she finishes them off and put them outside and hope for the best for the little guy. They always get in the house, which is a death trap for them :(

For some reason i got attached to this little one. I noticed the usual excitement from betty, meaning, she sees a lizard. I looked over and the poor little thing is struggling to get into my roomba.

Seems like its too late, but i scooped him up anyway. At first he started biting me (doesnt hurt), so i figured he had a good chance since he still seemed feisty. Then he just started settling into my hand. Im like awwwww. I have lots of aloe plants, so i put it all over its wounds. I made a little make-shift terrarium for him out of a tupperware and put a fluorescent light over him, and he really seemed to be doing well...moving around a little in the morning. Still had all of its appendages. I couldnt put him outside. His skin was all ripped off. He looked like a little raw flat chicken wing with no skin.

He died today. Poor little guy ☹
Ahhh, was it a Giant Day Gecko? I know you have a lot of them in Florida. They just cannot take that kind of injury and survive. If it happens again I would just put lizzy in a tupperware or deli cup with a damp paper towel in a warm area with no light so it can rest and possibly heal. But with a large loss of skin it is real iffy although the poor thing probably died as much from stress as the injury.
It was a gecko, but I really cannot tell what type. Could be house gecko if it was not green. I think you common house geeks in FL. Sorry he couldn't make it.
Awww Poor little Guy' @ Least you tried to save it... Ive got a cat thats quite a hunter & he'll kill anything that moves.

Back