Little bitty molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I got these little bitty silicone molds to do sugar work, but would they work for CP soap? Anything in particular I need to do? It has some very fine detail, and are only a couple inches across. Or is it too small and detailed? Thanks for any advice :)

s-l140 (1).jpg

s-l140.jpg

I would use a very hard recipe, a water discount and some kind of extra hardener like salt or SL. You probably want to let the soap really harden before trying to unmold.

I thought I might try it with a soleseife recipe... I have to make a batch this week, I just have to remember to have the molds handy or I'll forget.

I would use a very hard recipe, a water discount and some kind of extra hardener like salt or SL. You probably want to let the soap really harden before trying to unmold.

Because they are so tiny, you would want to make sure to pour at a very thin trace, or you will lose some of the detail. I've seen them used a lot to decorate the tops of soaps like this one.

gardensoap.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with dixiedragon, put the molds in the freezer for a couple of hours before unmolding the soap.

Back