Litsea Cubeba and Orange Valencia 5 Fold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been doing an inventory of my scent oils and found these two among them: Litsea Cubeba and Orange Valencia Five Fold.
Has anyone used these and if so could you say a bit about it?

Litsea Cubeba and Orange Valencia Five Fold
To learn all about a particular essential oil, I like the information provided by Eden Botanicals

Litsea Cubeba aka "May Chang" is considered an "anchor" for citrus blends.
Zany's BLIMEY! blend:
1 part litsea cubeba
1 part lemon EO
2 parts lime EO

Orange Valencia Five Fold is a good blender found in many blends. Check out EOCalc for blends with other EOs you may have on the shelf.
I always have a bottle of orange 5 or 10 Fold EO handy, not only for blending, but also for using it straight to remove sticky residue left by labels on bottles I'm repurposing. I also use it in my spray cleaner for wood and formica counter tops:

Zany's Orange Spray Cleaner
32 oz. Spray Bottle
1 tablespoon Coconut LS
1 tablespoon White Vinegar
1 teaspoon Liquid Calgon (water softener, optional)
1 teaspoon (or more) Orange (5 or 10 Fold) EO
Add water to fill.

Last edited:
Dude! Blend them already! Litsea loves citrus -- and they last longer together than apart.
And I like @AliOop's post. I'm not a big lavender fan but Mrs. Zing is so I use a lot of lavender. I actually like lavender with litsea. And I nearly always use a titch of cedarwood for bass note.

How would you colour such a blend? Or would you do this one in a solid colour, the colour that it naturally turns out to be?
Unless you use a vanilla stabilizer, vanilla turns everything tan or brown over time, depending on how much you use. Patchouli can be a bit dark but doesn’t affect the batter color much. Orange does not affect my bar color much, either.

Back