Listea EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So after reading others experiences with citrus fragrances not sticking I’m convinced that I need to add some of this EO to my stash. Any recommendations on the best suppliers to order from with the best quality/price in mind. Also, how much would you use to help anchor a citrus FO? Thanks you!

Wholesale Supplies Plus has it for $15.23 for two ounces, plus shipping and Camden Grey is offering it for $10.55 for two ounces, plus shipping. These are two of my favorite suppliers.

I have ordered litsea from Camden Grey and Bramble Berry and have been happy with what I received. I had a terrible experience with Sun Pure Botanicals, but the essential oils I received from there were of good quality. I know others have been happy with this company and the prices are good - I'd order from them on ebay rather than their website if you decide to give them a try.

I love litsea - it is a beautiful scent. I don't use it to anchor as I have found that, for me anyway, it doesn't really work. I just end up with the litsea scent. There are citrus FOs that will stick. If they don't, I won't use them.

Any recommendations on the best suppliers to order from with the best quality/price in mind.
For the best quality/price, I recommend SUN PURE BOTANICALS
More helpful links:
EO Vendor
In Search of Rose Geranium
Amount of EO PPO

Here's a blend I like and use in Liquid Soap that I also use to anchor other citrus EO blends or citrus FO's

ZANY’S BLIMEY! BLEND - $23 for 4 oz. Batch (Store in Amber Brown Glass Bottle)
1 Part Lemon EO, 1 oz. $7.67
1 Part Litsea Cubeba EO, 1 oz. $8.46
2 Parts Lime EO, 2 oz. $9.36
SUBTOTAL $25.49

Shipping FREE
10% Discount $2.55
TOTAL $22.94 (10/25/20)

I use EDEN BOTANICALS for information on essential oils
Litsea Cubeba (aka "May Chang")

I use Majestic Mountain Sage Fragrance Calculator

Also, how much would you use to help anchor a citrus FO?
This is where the fun begins! :nodding: There is no one-size-fits-all with EO/FO blends. It's all up to you. With all the info above, this should give you a basic idea of what to shoot for. Take your time and trust your nose!
Generally, when creating blends, I set aside an afternoon to play. I gather the fragrances, pipettes, 2" tinfoil squares and cotton balls. I put a cotton ball on a piece of tinfoil, use a separate pipette for each scent to add by drops on the cotton ball. When finished, I wrap the foil around the cotton ball and seal with a label to identify each variation.

I then put the foil wrapped blends somewhere where I can sniff for the next couple of weeks. Once decided, I then use a rubber band to store the testers with the bottle of the blend.

ETA: Almost forgot... KEEP GOOD NOTES! ;)

Last edited:
I agree with Zany, I have purchased Litesa from Sun Pure Botanicals with absolutely no problems I know a short time ago someone complained about them, but I do not remember the issue. I have purchased Tea Tree, Peppermint, and Litsea from them. I can live without Lemongrass but not Litsea.

Back