liquid vs powder oxides

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjb31apb

Reaction score
which one would give me a true black instead of a powdery grey? I was thinking about trying out BCN's gel tones black oxide. I can't find any reviews about them.

In which type of soap? Bramble Berry has a Black Oxide and it is the best black I have ever used.

I love using Tradewind's Select Shades! There is a on-line colour guide you can print off to get whatever colour you want, and what it will look like in CP soap. Just follow their directions. It has taken me over 2 years to get these in, as I have always used powders; never again, nope never ever! :lol:

You can mix any pigment or oxide with liquid glycerin to make a liquid.

A only used 1/4 tsp of Black Oxide (To 2pounds of soap, CP) to get this dark and the foam is still white!

SandalwoodVanillaBeveled.jpg

I always used to much black oxide and the black would run down the drain. :oops: I like coco powder fairly well. Some use powdered charcoal found at any Wal-Mart fish area. Just grind in a coffee mill or with a motor and pestle. Like Lane said, you an mix with glycerin and bottle.

Would that be the same charcoal used to burn incense?

OT: Paul did you ever get my PM?

Not sure about that charcoal. I'm talking about the kind you use in a fish tank filter system.

Yea, I got your PM, but I didn't save it. :oops: I get a lot of PM's daily and the older ones, perhaps less than 3 or 4 days old, get deleted. Run it by me again, please. I know it was about your order. :wink:

Let me get this straight, you use the charcoal and it doesn't stain your hands or body when you use it? Is that the chemical reaction part or is this fish filter charcoal special? I am very intrigued.

thanks Toby

Back