Liquid soaps??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jettibo

Reaction score
OK, so if I can make laundry detergent by melting 10 oz of my tallow soap into 40 oz. of water, then can I make hand soaps or other liquid soaps the same way? I just really am intimidated by the liquid soap making process in the book that I bought and there seems to be a lot more chemistry involved (not my fave subject in college, but I did OK).

How about making detergent for the dishwasher? Can it work the same way as well? Is it even possible to make dishwasher detergent at home?

jettibo said:
OK, so if I can make laundry detergent by melting 10 oz of my tallow soap into 40 oz. of water, then can I make hand soaps or other liquid soaps the same way? I just really am intimidated by the liquid soap making process in the book that I bought and there seems to be a lot more chemistry involved (not my fave subject in college, but I did OK).

How about making detergent for the dishwasher? Can it work the same way as well? Is it even possible to make dishwasher detergent at home?

You can, but they're more slime than liquid and they separate so you have to shake them before each use. There are actually some really easy ways to make liquid soap....much easier than most books.....so try doing a web search before you despair. :)

Dishwasher detergent is easy.....I just combine 1 part borax and 1 part washing soda and shake together in a tight container. I use that in place of commercial dishwasher detergent, and I put some blue colored vinegar in the rinse agent dispenser. Works fine at our house!

I put the blue food color in because I have a window on my rinse agent dispenser. That way I can easily see if I need more.

Latest posts

Back