Liquid soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapJack

Reaction score
Hi, I’m trying to make my first batch of liquid soap and I have cooked itfor several hours. The mixture has become amber colored and translucent, however it has not thickened. Does anyone know if that will be a problem and if so, does it require more lye to thicken into a tougher paste?
Thanks for reading and providing any info! I’m excited about finishing this first batch 😃

Hi, I’m trying to make my first batch of liquid soap and I have cooked itfor several hours. The mixture has become amber colored and translucent, however it has not thickened. Does anyone know if that will be a problem and if so, does it require more lye to thicken into a tougher paste?
Thanks for reading and providing any info! I’m excited about finishing this first batch 😃
You're going to need to post your recipe and process as well as any additives.

First thing -- Do NOT add more KOH just willy nilly. If you measured the KOH accurately per the recipe and the recipe is correctly formulated, then you've used enough KOH to get the job done.

Second thing -- You need to give decent info if you want decent advice. What is your recipe? Can you provide photos showing the soap?

Why do you want a "tougher paste"? What does that mean to you?

Latest posts

Back