Liquid soap question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gryfonmoon said:
It actually turned out pretty well, until I added too much boric acid on the last step. :-| It was clear but I put in too much borax and now it's cloudy. It still works nicely. Not too sure if I'll do it on a regular basis it was a lot of work. But fun. :)

sometimes it will clear up for that

I am late joining in, just wanted to say I have been making liquid soap almost once a week for about a year, and just use my oven on low. After trace, I place my soap SS pot on an old baking stone and set the oven to its lowest setting for about 5 hours. You can just leave it to do its thing (saponify) and no need to check the water level on the double boiler. This takes a long time but it is pretty easy. I agree that Failor's book makes it look overly complicated. I was not happy with either her explanations or recipes.

Green Soap my first LS was from failor's book and I just was never happy with it. Since then (once I got over my first experience) I started making mine with a SF which feels so much nicer to my skin.

Something else to try is adding Crothix to thicken your soap for shower gels and such.

Back