Liquid soap problem

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

monsterman

New Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I made liquid castile soap with olive oil, coconut oil, and lye. Everything seemed to go well, but after letting it sit in its bucket for a day, the liquid seems to have separated into two parts; a super thick part on top, similar to what it was like before it cooked, and a thin part on the bottom that's just like you'd expect liquid castile to be. I've tried mixing them up, but they won't really mix. Is this common? Is there a fix for this? If not, what went wrong?

Thanks!
 

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
15,447
Reaction score
9,735
Location
Michigan
Hello and welcome to the forum. What you are making is a Bastille, castile is 100% Olive. You may want to post your entire recipe and your process so that folks can help you troubleshoot. I'm sure you'll get some great input.
 

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
17,282
Reaction score
11,089
Location
Right here, silly!
Welcome Monsterman. :)

Ditto what Shari said. It will tremendously help us in troubleshooting if you posted your entire recipe and method/procedure. :thumbup:


IrishLass :)
 

Latest posts

Top