Hi there, I just poured my cold processed soap into my mold an hour or two ago and there seems to be a small liquid pool on top. Never had this happen before, any ideas what it means? Is my batch still good? What should I do?
I only had that happen once in 25 years of soap making. They say you should never melt the soap you've made, however I just put it all back into a pot on my stove and melted it until it was all liquid, re mixed and then poured it back into the molds. It worked fine and I saved the batch. Was your lye and oil the same temp when you mixed it up? That is often the issue.
It looks like it may have overheated. Your lye and oils don’t have to be the same temp.
If yit’s u post your recipe and process we can probably better help you. I would just leave it and see if it reabsorbs.