Liquid coconut oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just for the first time bought coconut oil not from the grocery store. I ordered 7 lbs of 76 degree CO online. It’s spring in South Texas and so it’s 90 degrees outside. I expected it to arrive in liquid form. But it’s been in the house for a couple of hours and it’s still liquid. Also, it came in a jug that looks like I should be pouring from it. Am I missing something? Wouldn’t 76 deg CO NOT come in a pourable container? If it does solidify, how the heck do I get it out of the bottle?

(Have I had too much bourbon and am missing something obvious?)

Oh - and I should add......I NEVER DRINK AND SOAP.

Hot water bath. I would decant it now into wide mouth jars if you have any (before it resolidifies.) My CO can stay liquid for days & weeks in the summer. It doesn't really only gets sort of mushy and not completely solid again until Fall starts cooling down.

Caution if you do the hot water bath: prop the bottle so it doesn't list to the side and fall over into the hot bath; the oil may leak out into the water,even with the tightest of caps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back