Lip Schtick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made a new batch of my tinted lip balm but put extra tint in it. They turned out so good! Scented with rose geranium, with tallow, cocoa butter, bees wax and honey they are super yum too!
F3B9E967-5AAA-4A55-AFA7-D0C2F8ABEBBE.jpegE90BC03A-4738-46E4-AC2B-51B9A6760CC9.jpeg9CEB09BB-0695-4682-92D6-9DDD47010877.jpeg

I would be very careful adding honey. It can seep out and the sugars can cause issues. Honey is water soluble and you're adding it to oil based product. I color mine with micas and tints made for lipstick/balms. Very nice color!

I would be very careful adding honey. It can seep out and the sugars can cause issues. Honey is water soluble and you're adding it to oil based product. I color mine with micas and tints made for lipstick/balms. Very nice color!
Honey is water soluble, but it is a humectant. Have you used it and had it cause issues? It’s in many lip balm recipes.

It's water soluble and you're putting it in oils/butters. It will seep out and no because I did research before trying it. It can also cause bacteria and mold. Many have tried and posted about it being an issue. Water and oils don't mix without an emulsifier. There is honey powder that's likely used not straight honey in commercial formulas.

It's water soluble and you're putting it in oils/butters. It will seep out and no because I did research before trying it. It can also cause bacteria and mold. Many have tried and posted about it being an issue. Water and oils don't mix without an emulsifier. There is honey powder that's likely used not straight honey in commercial formulas.
Great to know. I have honey powder I’ll use next time.

Latest posts

Back