Lip balm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one that I have saved in my recipe files. I haven't made it yet since I have my own formulas that I love, but for what it's worth, it's based on one I found online about 5 or 6 years ago, which the author claimed she based on Burt's Bee's original ingredients list before Clorox bought them out and changed the formula. The recipe was written in volume amounts, which I don't like to work with, so I converted it to percentages based on what my lip balm-making experiences told me would probably be good amounts. I also calculated in lip-safe percentages of peppermint EO and rosemary oleoresin, and added in a percentage for my favorite sweetener.

45.5% High oleic sunflower oil
25% Virgin coconut oil
23.5% Natural beeswax
2% Lanolin
2% Sugar Baby Sweetener (from MMS)
1% peppermint EO
.5% rosemary oleoresin
.5% vitamin E T-50

IrishLass :)

This is also the first one I ever made years ago (I think it was also my "gateway" into making B&B products). Since then I've tweaked it a bunch because I didn't like the shea butter or the consistency when using the ratios WellnessMama used, and now this is the only one I make:

35% Beeswax
41.75% Coconut Oil
21% Cocoa Butter (tempered)
1.25% Peppermint EO
1% Vitamin E

Latest posts

Back