Lip Balm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftygirl01

Reaction score
I am thinking about starting a little side business to sell some of my product. One of the products is Lip Balm, which type of container do you find sells the best and what is your price? Also where do you get you raw materials from?

I know there is alot of questions and I apologize. Thanks in advance.

I have only ever made lip balm in the typical white, screw-up containers so I can only comment on them. Lip balm sells well and the prophet margin is large. The tubes are easy to label and fill (I just band a bunch of them together and pour into each tube). I buy my ingredients from whoever is selling for the least amount or in conjunction with another order so I can piggy back shipping. Mine are sweetened and sell for $2.50 each.

I have only ever made lip balm in the typical white, screw-up containers so I can only comment on them. Lip balm sells well and the prophet margin is large. The tubes are easy to label and fill (I just band a bunch of them together and pour into each tube). I buy my ingredients from whoever is selling for the least amount or in conjunction with another order so I can piggy back shipping. Mine are sweetened and sell for $2.50 each.
What do you mean by sweetened? Yesterday was the first time I made it. Also how do you know how much base to how many tubes?

What do you mean by sweetened? Yesterday was the first time I made it. Also how do you know how much base to how many tubes?
Lip balm flavor oils smell like the designated fruit or whatever they're sold as so the user will think that they are tasting it but they're generally not sweetened. If you're not sure which kind you purchased, try a tiny little bit of your flavor oil and see what it tastes like. Some suppliers sell a sweetener that can be added to your base or you can buy some flavor oils that are already sweetened. Some people believe that a sweetened balm will make the user lick their lips more but I never experienced that. Lip balm tubes hold .15 of base so just times that by the number of tubes you plan on filling. If you have extra you can always pour it into something and save it for the next time you make that flavor.

Latest posts

Back