Lindy's cream soap tutorial

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't posted here before even though I have been a member for several years. I just had to join in. I made cream soap about 6 years ago and that was my one and only time. Mine came out like marshmallow fluff. I wasn't impressed. Like Dee said, There's a mystery surrounding the whole process. It was hard to find anything around online which just made me want to make it more. It was a confusing experience because I like to know more that just the recipe. I didn't see the point of making something that I really didn't have a use for when I could make a very nice sugar scrub out of liquid soap paste or a salt scrub bar. I think it was that I had to try every kind of soap...it was like a badge of honor. The one kind I haven't tried yet was no paste liquid soap. I will probably never make it because I like the process of making liquid soap soap. I have mastered diluting it and I like to watch it change from paste to liquid.

I'd say it's not going to be stable in the long run due to not enough stearic. But that's just a guess, so take my thought for what it's worth. ;) Looks nice all whipped up like that!

It does look nice. Maybe I'll try it at some point. If it doesn't work whipped, could always add more water for a LS.

I'm pretty sure the lady who made posted a update but I can't remember what she said about it.

I have a tub of Cream Soap here and have tried it as a scrub. As my grandson used to say... I no like it. It was an experimental batch and I'll be tossing it even though it pains me to throw away perfectly good (cream) soap.

ETA: I made it about 3 years ago

I wasnt impressed with mine either and I followed the instructions to the Tee. I keep thinking of tossing it myself but it does seem like a waste. I didnt like it much no matter how I tried to use it.

I currently have some rotting. I want to love cream soap!!! I've seen pictures that make it look so smooth and luxurious. When you start to get that pearly sheen appearance, you think "Jackpot". About once a month I take some more out of my stash and try to whip something up. Nothing I have tried has given me that "wow" factor. Most have gone in the garbage. One batch, I added more water to and was able to whip it enough to be an airy type of fluff. I colored and scented it. It looked and smelled great, but even with a washing cloth, I could hardly get any lather. I'll probably give my last bit another go, just for shits and giggles.

I made a batch yesterday, but added too much water by accident, and it went liquid overnight. Should I just cook and stick blend it longer? Or how can I thicken it back up? Thanks to anyone for help!

Back