Lindy's cream soap tutorial

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

debdeb54

Reaction score
I haven't posted here before even though I have been a member for several years. I just had to join in. I made cream soap about 6 years ago and that was my one and only time. Mine came out like marshmallow fluff. I wasn't impressed. Like Dee said, There's a mystery surrounding the whole process. It was hard to find anything around online which just made me want to make it more. It was a confusing experience because I like to know more that just the recipe. I didn't see the point of making something that I really didn't have a use for when I could make a very nice sugar scrub out of liquid soap paste or a salt scrub bar. I think it was that I had to try every kind of soap...it was like a badge of honor. The one kind I haven't tried yet was no paste liquid soap. I will probably never make it because I like the process of making liquid soap soap. I have mastered diluting it and I like to watch it change from paste to liquid.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'd say it's not going to be stable in the long run due to not enough stearic. But that's just a guess, so take my thought for what it's worth. ;) Looks nice all whipped up like that!

It does look nice. Maybe I'll try it at some point. If it doesn't work whipped, could always add more water for a LS.

I'm pretty sure the lady who made posted a update but I can't remember what she said about it.

Reaction score
I have a tub of Cream Soap here and have tried it as a scrub. As my grandson used to say... I no like it. It was an experimental batch and I'll be tossing it even though it pains me to throw away perfectly good (cream) soap.

ETA: I made it about 3 years ago

I wasnt impressed with mine either and I followed the instructions to the Tee. I keep thinking of tossing it myself but it does seem like a waste. I didnt like it much no matter how I tried to use it.

Reaction score
I currently have some rotting. I want to love cream soap!!! I've seen pictures that make it look so smooth and luxurious. When you start to get that pearly sheen appearance, you think "Jackpot". About once a month I take some more out of my stash and try to whip something up. Nothing I have tried has given me that "wow" factor. Most have gone in the garbage. One batch, I added more water to and was able to whip it enough to be an airy type of fluff. I colored and scented it. It looked and smelled great, but even with a washing cloth, I could hardly get any lather. I'll probably give my last bit another go, just for shits and giggles.

Reaction score
I made a batch yesterday, but added too much water by accident, and it went liquid overnight. Should I just cook and stick blend it longer? Or how can I thicken it back up? Thanks to anyone for help!