Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
Going to use AVJ for the first time tomorrow. In the ingredients it says Organic Lemon Juice Concentrate (ph stabilizer). It also says 99% Organic Aloe Vera juice. Would there be any need to adjust lye because of the Lemon juice concentrate? Also, i have been adding sugar to my batches at 1.5 tsps for an 800g of oil batch. With AVJ should i leave out the sugar?

Here is a thread about using lemon juice that might give more information, but I haven't really read through it. At 1% of the aloe juice I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully someone can give you a better answer about that.

I add sugar to my batch at 1 tsp PPO, but I don't add it when I use aloe juice as a water replacement. I just use sugar to boost the bubbles, and aloe will do that alone. It probably wouldn't hurt anything to use both though.

Aloe Vera Juice is my go-to liquid, and mine has citric acid in it. I don't worry about the SF either. Aloe Vera juice tends to be relatively low in sugar as far as juices go, so I wouldn't decrease the sugar unless the AVJ had sugar added.

Back