LiLu soap molds...worth the price?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Daughter

Formerly known as Quasi Quadrant
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with these specific molds: Easyclean™ Compact Soap Mold Tall - Etsy Canada

No, I would not purchase from Etsy as the prices & shipping are obscene due to Etsy's mafia cut. These molds are already expensive enough as it is.

They're not cheap, especially with exchange rate (buying from their website), but I would rather buy molds which will last me several years, rather than buying molds which won't last more than a couple of years & having to replace them. The thing which is making me hesitate right now is that her reviews look like they have been paid for. That's easy enough to do on a platform such as Etsy. Pay your sister / brother to place an order on Etsy so they can leave a glowing review on behalf of your products, then just get the equipment back from them. Their website also has videos on there which gag me, no other way to put it 😂

These seem to have a thick silicone base & surgical stainless steel sides, which apparently pack flat for storage.. Huge space saver, and would be very easy to clean. Very versatile as well as you can theoretically make several loaves at once, one slab, or a slab AND a couple of loafs at once. All of these things tick my 'sensible and practical' boxes, despite the price. I'm seriously considering buying 2 of these to begin with but would love to hear about any downsides they may have.

I don't wish to shell out cash on these if others have had issues with them.

My god, their cutter is obscenely priced, surgical stainless steel or not. I just bought 2 cutters from a local maker whose products are amazingly well built & very versatile, which were a fraction of the cost. Her cutter which does slabs, loafs & bars was $200 plus shipping, and well worth it. Her loaf cutter was even less, and is amazing.

Has anybody had any experience with these specific molds: Easyclean™ Compact Soap Mold Tall - Etsy Canada

No, I would not purchase from Etsy as the prices & shipping are obscene due to Etsy's mafia cut. These molds are already expensive enough as it is.

They're not cheap, especially with exchange rate (buying from their website), but I would rather buy molds which will last me several years, rather than buying molds which won't last more than a couple of years & having to replace them. The thing which is making me hesitate right now is that her reviews look like they have been paid for. That's easy enough to do on a platform such as Etsy. Pay your sister / brother to place an order on Etsy so they can leave a glowing review on behalf of your products, then just get the equipment back from them. Their website also has videos on there which gag me, no other way to put it 😂

These seem to have a thick silicone base & surgical stainless steel sides, which apparently pack flat for storage.. Huge space saver, and would be very easy to clean. Very versatile as well as you can theoretically make several loaves at once, one slab, or a slab AND a couple of loafs at once. All of these things tick my 'sensible and practical' boxes, despite the price. I'm seriously considering buying 2 of these to begin with but would love to hear about any downsides they may have.

I don't wish to shell out cash on these if others have had issues with them.

My god, their cutter is obscenely priced, surgical stainless steel or not. I just bought 2 cutters from a local maker whose products are amazingly well built & very versatile, which were a fraction of the cost. Her cutter which does slabs, loafs & bars was $200 plus shipping, and well worth it. Her loaf cutter was even less, and is amazing.
Unfortunately do not know anything about the molds you are researching. If you think molds are made out of country you may check AliExpress or Alibaba to see how they’re pricing. However please share info on cutter. Am ready to upgrade my $30 little wooden one. Thank you.

Unfortunately do not know anything about the molds you are researching. If you think molds are made out of country you may check AliExpress or Alibaba to see how they’re pricing. However please share info on cutter. Am ready to upgrade my $30 little wooden one. Thank you.

I already know they're made in Taiwan, as she has clearly stated this on her website. Having lived in Taiwan, I also know how cheaply things are produced there. My students used to take me to their parents' factories where they made all sorts of stuff, from erasers to panties to pencils to ceramic tea sets to you-name-it. Her prices are stupidly exorbitant based on what I know of business & manufacturing there, which is very much widespread. I initially found her on her website with the gag-tastic infomercial-type videos. Those molds, though....something is telling me to hold off, however. So I think I am going to listen & wait for my next best option. Wishing to find something which I can assemble when needed & disassemble when storing.

This is another spectacular mold I found on Etsy, but shipping for Canada is a whopping $157. Just absolutely NO. 24lb Adjustable Wood Soap Mold - Etsy Canada I will not support businesses profiteering off their shipping. It also doesn't break down for storage. Versatile, however.

This is the woman I bought my cutters from: adminSoapgirlequip - Etsy Canada She does not have the larger one listed there, unfortunately. The one which does slabs, loafs & bars all in one, I mean. Her name is Martha, beautiful to deal with.

This is the initial cutter I bought from her. It was very well packaged with nearly zero waste in terms of packaging. Layers of plastic wrap, bubble warp & styrofoam really gets on my $@#&!
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1180168803/overarm-multi-soap-cutter
My larger cutter is currently being made for me - it comes in 2 sizes, both 10" & 17" if I remember correctly. I really wish to support this woman as she is turning out beautiful, quality equipment but is struggling due to overseas influx of knockoffs & Etsy has gone to hell. Not what it once was. She did send me videos of the cutter in action as I ended up ordering it from her privately, not via Etsy. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was what I had been searching for. She lives not that far from me, as I found out.

Everything comes with an extra set of high quality strings & instructions for restringing when necessary.

For those in the US, and elsewhere, you truly are getting a bargain purchasing from Martha with the exchange rate being what it is. I don't think you'll find anything cheaper, and at the same time of this quality, anywhere. No, I am not doing any marketing work for her. I simply wish to let others know about her incredibly well made, reasonably priced equipment. She's also a lovely woman to deal with.

Anyways, back to the mold hunt....I may have to ask Martha if she can do molds because I know they would last for many years.

Winston and Walter is located (I think) in Montreal. I don’t have one of their molds but the people I know of who do seem to really love them. They don’t break down completely flat for storage. You could also check Custom Craft Tools in the US.

Winston and Walter is located (I think) in Montreal. I don’t have one of their molds but the people I know of who do seem to really love them. They don’t break down completely flat for storage. You could also check Custom Craft Tools in the US.

Thank you so much :) Martha mentioned Winston & Walter or Walter & Winston, I can't remember now 😂 and I did check them out. I was also just now looking again at Custom Craft as they were mentioned in the forums somewhere when I searched & I had run across them before. Both look like they have very nice molds.

That being said, neither are quite what I'm looking for, especially for the price of W&W. At that cost, I'd absolutely want them to break down for storage when not in use. My spare bedroom is small & already loaded to the ceiling with shelves full of botanicals, equipment, raw materials, you name it, so being able to disassemble my molds is of an absolute necessity at this point. I am also looking at the possibility of renting some 'office space' from our local co-op for the specific purpose of soap making & curing during months when I can drive from my more remote location. Winter often finds us snowed in here for a month or longer with the steep, rough driveways out in the middle of nowhere.

I just sent Martha an email & asked her if she would consider making some custom molds for me. Nothing to be lost in asking :) Keeping my fingers 🤞

Ariane Arsenault (La Fille de la Mer) unboxed 2 Custom Craft Tools slab molds a few months ago. One was custom made for her and did break down to be completely flat. So it's possible; no idea of the cost. I recall wondering how often Ariane would bother to break down a mold like that, though, since she makes a lot of soap and would still need to store the silicone liner (not an issue with the Lilu soap mold!).

Ariane Arsenault (La Fille de la Mer) unboxed 2 Custom Craft Tools slab molds a few months ago. One was custom made for her and did break down to be completely flat. So it's possible; no idea of the cost. I recall wondering how often Ariane would bother to break down a mold like that, though, since she makes a lot of soap and would still need to store the silicone liner (not an issue with the Lilu soap mold!).

Oh my god!! That plexiglass mold!! I'm still watching & waiting for her to mention the price!

Thank you so much for sharing this 😁 I have watched her channel before but had never seen this specific video. Storing the silicone liner is far less of an issue compared to storing / stacking stupid amounts of molds which don't break down. The broken down pieces can be stored inside each liner, no problem.

These types of plexiglass molds would allow me to spend far less time making soap, giving me more time for the many other things I've got going on.

The Carterpillar - rather than Caterpillar - as well as the pronunciation of Goliath made me laugh several times LOL French Canadians haha 😂

Thank you hugely! ❤️

Are you a lifetime supporter of the forums? If not, I would like to buy you a year in advance as a thanks. Not sure what else I can do as those seem to be the only options.

Thank you again!

Good god, I just placed a massive order with Custom Craft Tools....and I am feeling stoked as this is going to change thing for me significantly in terms of time management, fulfilling regular orders, and a whole lot more.

Seeing that total was a heart stopping moment, I tell ya LOL 😂

Alex - the wife half of that duo - was incredibly helpful & had great customer service skills, gotta say.

Expectantly awaiting my huge box of molds!
•••

Edited for typos

Last edited:
I see you already ordered. You won’t be sorry.

She was phenomenal, and kindly gave me a discount on my honking 😂 order. She also followed up with me immediately after as I mistakenly ordered too many lids, which were not needed. Have already been refunded for that, as well as unnecessary shipping costs associated with the extra, unneeded lids. Spectacular customer service on her part!

My heart is still hammering hahaha 😂 But I have experienced that when we allow money to flow easily, without regret or worry, it flows back to us just as easily. Tight-fistedness is highly counterproductive, especially when tools are required to get a job done, and even more so when cultivating kindness & compassion towards others. Everything comes right back at us in the manner in which we put it out there. Natural law of the universe(s) :)

Thank you again to all who kindly chimed in here with their thoughts & recommendations. Hugely, massively appreciated. Many blessings to you all ❤️

Ariane's custom made molds go for $450 US each, plus shipping, as I have found out. Not cheap, but for the volume she is currently doing, this makes sense for her. They are also very well designed, and come with full silicone liners.

For me, it made more sense to buy 3 slab molds (clear) which I can turn out 3 different soap types in 3 days in a row (I was offered to have my silicone sheets cut to fill in the side grooves where dividers slide in as I don't wish to use the dividers), 2 of the 18" rectangular molds with lids for small custom orders, plus 2 of the 12" high cylindrical molds because the round silicone molds I have are beginning to annoy me to no end. This fits what I am currently doing a lot better. I do not use PVC, which would have been a much cheaper option, due to my concerns regarding the lead in PVC & having it leeching into my soaps at high temperatures when gelling (unless PVC manufacturing has changed recently). Freezer paper is not very easy to get in my area either, unfortunately, otherwise I could line PVC molds properly.

When it comes time to level up again in terms of production, I will definitely buy the custom Goliath molds, without a doubt. Probably will purchase 3 to begin with, but we shall see what the universe brings my way & go from there :)

Thank you once again for your help 😁 ❤️

Are you a lifetime supporter of the forums? If not, I would like to buy you a year in advance as a thanks. Not sure what else I can do as those seem to be the only options.

Thank you again!
Oh my, you are most welcome! I'm glad to have been useful in some small way, as I've learned so much from this forum myself. How exciting to order all those new molds at once — best of luck with them! 🍀

Oh my, you are most welcome! I'm glad to have been useful in some small way, as I've learned so much from this forum myself. How exciting to order all those new molds at once — best of luck with them! 🍀

The video you posted helped me a great deal! With so much on the go at once, I didn't have much time to get these molds happening. My local stores are expecting product from me for tourist season here, so I've got to get larger batches happening ASAP before I go to visit my granddaughter this spring. Apparently I will be receiving my molds before then, so fingers 🤞

Please let me know if that came through for you as I am getting emails saying I upgraded my own account?? Strange 😂

🙏 It must have worked, as a notice showed up in my Alerts. Thank you so much — I am overwhelmed! (and honestly just thought you were joking!o_O)

I totally understand and agree with you about allowing money "to flow easily, without regret or worry..." — many (many!) decades ago, I read the words "give and spend and God will send" in some silly, random place like a horoscope or fortune cookie. But for some reason the phrase stuck with me and it has proven to be true, more times than I can count.

Thank you again for your generosity. I hope your molds arrive on time, and that all your batters behave. ;)

🙏 It must have worked, as a notice showed up in my Alerts. Thank you so much — I am overwhelmed! (and honestly just thought you were joking!o_O)

I totally understand and agree with you about allowing money "to flow easily, without regret or worry..." — many (many!) decades ago, I read the words "give and spend and God will send" in some silly, random place like a horoscope or fortune cookie. But for some reason the phrase stuck with me and it has proven to be true, more times than I can count.

Thank you again for your generosity. I hope your molds arrive on time, and that all your batters behave. ;)

Awesome, and likewise, thank you ❤️ No, I never joke about things like that :)

Yes, we have been taught to keep a stranglehold on the energy surrounding money. To fear IT & the LACK of it, to hate it, that loving it is evil, that the root of all evil is money, that we 'can never get ahead' and other such nonsense. Complete rubbish. That is pure programming we have allowed ourselves to fall into. THAT is the real trap.

LOVE your money. THANK IT for all the things it helps you with, all the beauty & peace & ability to share with others it brings you. WELCOME the abundance it makes possible in your life. Thank it for bringing many good things into your life & your family's lives, as well as your neighbors & friends. Most importantly, freely SHARE it with others with no hesitation or fear and continuously thank it for flowing back into you life in a never ending stream of energy. Poverty does NOT equal purity, or faith, or love, or godliness (just look at how homeless people are treated - far from godly), or any other equally nonsensical garbage. I also don't see the pope or other religious leaders in rags, scrabbling to exist. We are not meant to struggle financially, or in any other way. We are meant to live in abundance, in freedom, in love, in health & wellness. It's all connected. Just take a look around us at everything we are provided with for our health & wellbeing which is there for the taking, if we so choose.

Regardless of religion someone chooses - or doesn't choose, such as myself - universal energy wishes to share its abundance with us, which is endless & ever flowing. It is infinite. All we have to do is accept it & keep it flowing in a never ending cycle with our thoughts, words & actions. This is something we have never been taught, quite the opposite, and which we desperately need to teach our children & grandchildren, as well as our friends & neighbors.

I am currently considering how much of a percentage of my profits will be going to my local community as a way to keep this energy flowing, within my life & the lives of those around me. The only thing I ask of others who benefit is to share with others as well & to keep the cycle flowing ❤️ This is more than soap making to me, as is my regular job which I am grateful for & which is funding my return to doing what I truly love. It's a whole lot more :)

Thank you again 😁

@QuasiQuadrant I love to see your generous spirit; that is exactly what makes this forum so special!

interesting side note: the actual quote is "the love of money is the root of all evil." The term "love" as used in that context doesn't refer to a healthy appreciation or gratefulness such as you so eloquently described, but rather, an unhealthy obsession with obtaining it and hoarding it to the harm of self and others. So the concept behind the original quote actually lines up perfectly with your philosophy, especially given that the same source also said,

"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over .... For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

and

"What you sow, you will reap."

I do my best to live by that philosophy and have seen it proven true over and over again in my own life and others', no matter what religious or spiritual beliefs one may have! Thank you for being that person today. 💙

Last edited:
I can't speak to their molds but to their beveler. To take mine you would have to pry it from my cold dead body. I love it. Yes it costs a lot but it's worth it. You know when you have a professional grade tool and this is one.
Have been using a made in France stainless steel kitchen mandolin to straighten my crooked soap cuts. It works extremely well for straightening cuts but it has no bevel capabilities. Just purchased the bevel you use and love. It looks beautifully made. Cannot wait to bevel my soaps. Just made nearly 100 soaps for wedding favors (my niece.) will post pics when I begin bevel work. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

Latest posts

Back