Lightning fast soap :O

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primrose

Reaction score
I just tried a new recipe, went from emulsion to medium trace in about 20 seconds, poured into individual moulds which actually partially gelled and were rock hard and unmoulded in a couple hours :O

I Made it with goat milk ... and a FO that is apparently well behaved though I've not actually used it before.

Screenshot_20190526-203121.jpg

Tallow, shea, and milk sugars...bet that's your trifecta! My tallow recipes move quick and set up fast. Always fun to get that adrenaline pumping! lol

:thumbs: Nope that should not be the problem. I use 45% tallow with shea with no acceleration problems. I do use Lard and a small percentage of liquid oil. Hemp oil would not be the problem but I do not remember how Macademia Oil acts.

What was your temperature? Maybe you soaped it to warm? I do not soap over 100º F. Over that my 2 main recipes will accelerate.

May be the Castor. I switched suppliers and WOW does it make my batter Trace super fast ! It was also thicker then the last supplier too

I soap a little warmer than room temp because of my hard oils, I don't have a thermometer so couldn't tell you what actual temp. It's not usually an issue with my regular recipe which has tallow, lard, coconut, olive and castor. I'm just amazed they were unmoulded so quickly too and I've never seen an individual mould go through gel. It got very hot very fast.

I've got a similar batch ready to go today but gas meadowfoam in place of the macadamia. Might be interesting to see how that one goes

Back