Light Facial Cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make a nice light face lotion with Olive Squalane and Argan using BTMS 25. I have used niacinamide in lotions for a long time but never noticed any difference as far as age spots. But maybe since I am not a regular user of lotions.

I am going to make 3 samples of my oil-free lotion for my husband to try with 99% Tranexamic Acid Powder at the rate of 5%, one with 99% Kojic Acid Powder at 5%, and one with Tranexamic and Kojic split and see if any work on his legs. His lower legs have become very dark. My hubby only likes my oil-free lotion. I do think the Tranexamic Acid spray I made to use on some scaring on my legs has helped some. Not a miracle but they have lightened.

Last edited:
Sounds like a wonderful blend!
It is! It does well in CP and LS too. I call it "Cabrini Rose" because the first time I used it, it was for my mother who is a serious rosarian. Later I named it my "Bridge Ladies" blend because it is light, feminine, kinda herbal/rosy and un-offensive to the others in the foursome.

One of the soaps I made for a Challenge here has Turmeric in it. Yes, it does lighten the skin! I am using it to even out the tan on my lower arms, I am all blotchy.

Do you mind sharing the % of turmeric that you use? I would like to try the soap.

@Daisy , this soap was 35% (17.5 oz) OO, 30% (15 oz) CO, 30% (15 oz) AvO, and 5% (2.5 oz) Shea Butter. Lye is 6.7 oz, with the salt water at 14 oz. I added 2oz of Turmeric, 10 drops of Vit E and 5 drops of Tea Tree oil at thin trace. This soap is quite hard and has a light lather. It will not give you big bubbles, more like a cream. I use this to lighten the age spots on my face.

@Daisy , this soap was 35% (17.5 oz) OO, 30% (15 oz) CO, 30% (15 oz) AvO, and 5% (2.5 oz) Shea Butter. Lye is 6.7 oz, with the salt water at 14 oz. I added 2oz of Turmeric, 10 drops of Vit E and 5 drops of Tea Tree oil at thin trace. This soap is quite hard and has a light lather. It will not give you big bubbles, more like a cream. I use this to lighten the age spots on my face.
Was it powder you added? Is the soap scratchy at all?

Thank you Kiti. You are the best:)

Niacinamide is best for using on your skin as its water-soluble helps to decrease large pores on the skin and it improves uneven skin tone too. 5 percent of it is enough while large quantity can cause redness and itching. I also tried to make a cream for my skin as it was very dry and itchy, but despite using all the necessary ingredients it did not treat my skin well. It was treated after consistent use of good quality cream which I get from https://sportsinside.co.uk/ , it was a helpful product, but it takes many days for changing my skin into a healthy one.

Back