Lichen

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made last weekend, the first soap in my new house (I think I've found all of my supplies now - yay!). Somehow gravitated to tints and shades of green, then a few more earth tones in attempt to balance. The colors remind me of the Alaskan tundra (which I miss dearly), but the swirls are a little too busy.

Spirulina, green & red clays, TD, AC. Herbal EO mix of basil, mint and bergamot.

Lichen Dixie Cups resized.jpg

IMG_0344 resized.jpg

Lichen Bars resized.jpg

I know you're not big on too much action but I love it! I hope you will eventually come to love your current location almost as much as Alaska although I doubt any place will ever win you as completely.

Carabou, would like to hear about your geographical back story b/c I have not been here long enough to know it (although have a feeling I am going to like you), but that is one pretty soap.

Thanks guys, especially for the welcome back. That's mostly why I posted, just to jump back in again after being absorbed by my move back down and the brand new job.

As for 10 colors, it sounds funny, but I finally wasn't scared. newbie always makes it look easy -- so why not try?? Plus the new house came with dixie cups, oddly enough! Trick is, I thought, to work at emulsion or a very light trace. And I just gotta say: clean-up is a breeze!

That's absolutely stunning! I love the stark contrast of the black to the subtle swirls of earthy colors. Welcome back CaraBou!

Latest posts

Back