Libraries are an artisans best friend!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyne Thrasher

Reaction score
2C7F672A-C896-419C-BADC-560D1D0B44C2.jpeg
079DE0E8-53EF-45F2-B8DA-C3441552DCF2.jpeg
Found these while taking my mom to the library. My Instagram name is gardenbibliophile I LOVE books. Bonus my 2 favorite British sci fi authors both had books on the “new” shelf.

I agree. Our library, and many around the country (in the US, at least) over inter-library borrowing and online ordering/reserving of books. So I have borrowed pretty much all that's available in the way of soapmaking books in our state. We even used to be able to borrow from the next state over, but not now. Anyway, it's a great way to evaluate a book to see if you want to own it; then you can purchase a new copy from whatever book sales source you prefer.

I haven't visited the library in years - well I did last year at the end of May to get my kids and I library cards (we moved from a different county). My kids went quite often during the summer as we live only a few blocks away. I have so many owned books to read, I expect that I may never go... although I may pop in and peak to see what is available just out of curiosity. I tend to want to keep soap books, so I buy. (and sometimes suffer buyers remorse when I discover the book is trash.)

Overall it's a nice score! I have the Marie Rayma book, I was actually thinking of pulling it out and playing with it this weekend if I can convince my makeup geek friend to come over and be a face model.

Latest posts

Back