Lib Balm labels not sticking

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I use online labels (this specific label: 2.125" x 2.125" Lip Balm Labels with Perforated Tamper Evident Tab Seal - White Gloss Laser - OL1102WS ) on a plastic lip balm tube.

My labels often peel off over time. Any advice on what to use to wipe off the tubes with before sticking the labels on?

I’ve tried different types of labels (weatherproof, etc) but it wouldn’t allow the safety tab to have a clean cut off.

You could try wiping the tubes with isopropyl. If there's any oily residue it will keep the labels from sticking. The glue is usually pressure sensitive so applying firm pressure on application is important, but doesn't always fix the problem. I haven't used these specific ones (I'm actually planning on trying these ones soon) but I do use the white gloss without the seal part. If these end up not working for you, what I've been doing is using white gloss labels and I use a plastic lip tube shrink band. The perforations make it so the shrink wrap usually stays on the bottom half and it protects the label from getting smudged as well.

I have no experience with your product. I recently bought the weatherproof labels from them which were perfect for my lip balm tubes. Before I found out about the labels (thanks, Forum!), I tried several different Avery labels that I normally use on paper or cardboard. None of them stuck so I was glad to find Online Labels.
Good luck to you.

I have no experience with your product. I recently bought the weatherproof labels from them which were perfect for my lip balm tubes. Before I found out about the labels (thanks, Forum!), I tried several different Avery labels that I normally use on paper or cardboard. None of them stuck so I was glad to find Online Labels.
Good luck to you.
How is the ink on the weatherproof ones if it gets oily? Does it smudge?

You could try wiping the tubes with isopropyl. If there's any oily residue it will keep the labels from sticking. The glue is usually pressure sensitive so applying firm pressure on application is important, but doesn't always fix the problem. I haven't used these specific ones (I'm actually planning on trying these ones soon) but I do use the white gloss without the seal part. If these end up not working for you, what I've been doing is using white gloss labels and I use a plastic lip tube shrink band. The perforations make it so the shrink wrap usually stays on the bottom half and it protects the label from getting smudged as well.
I will try this! I’m looking into getting isopropyl wipes to use before I put on the label. Thank you!

I have had that issue with some labels even if the tubes are clean. I try to make the label long enough so that one part will stick to itself. (One edge touches the opposite end) Or I put clear tape over the whole thing.
My labels are long enough so they stick to itself…but I still have the problem of them not sticking!

Good luck to you.
Which weatherproof labels do you use from them? How do you do your safety seal? My labels work okay but do smudge over time and get oil stains if the tube isn’t 100% clean

Don't know if my experience will be the of value to you, but here it is. I use the OL421WJ labels from OnlineLabels.com for lip balm tubes. Then I shrink wrap the tubes. I use an inkjet HP printer. As long as I let the labels dry thoroughly before handling, and make sure my hands are clean & dry, I don't have trouble with smudges.

Latest posts

Back