Leucidal Liquid complete and microbial testing...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoryLu

Reaction score
Question 1- has anyone tried Leucidal Liquid Complete in liquid soap? Any pros, cons, how to’s..?

Question 2- at home microbial testing....your thoughts please!

Thanks!

Manufacturer's recommendations for this preservative are to use it in products with a pH between 3 and 8. Liquid soap has a pH around 9-11. Do you have reason to think it's still effective at pH that high?

Carolyn (@cmzaha) says at-home microbial testing is good as a rough check only. Not a substitute for lab challenge testing. Maybe she will pop in here and give her opinions.

Since I sell and play with a lot of lotions I do use the kits, but I still prefer to send them out for lab challenge when I have one I finally want to take to market. So far any test kit I have used that came up clean also matched the lab testing, but I still tend to not depend on them 100%, especially since my kits are not stored in a temperature controlled area. My home temp fluctuate a lot in the summer not having central air. I do have one lotion I will go back to playing with that grows mold with the tester every time although it shows no visible mold even a few months after making that particular lotion. It will no go out for official testing until min kit comes out clean,

One thing I do with one of the kits that grew some colorful mold was tape up the vial and put it in my lotion crate for market. When someone complains about preservatives in lotion I show them the test vial, and it usually changes their mind. :eek::rolleyes::D

Sorry I have not tried Leucidal

No it will not work, I use Suttocide A it works on high ph, but if you use citrusy scents it will get the weird reddish color . Leucidal Liquid Complete, constantly fails microbial testing

Latest posts

Back