Let's talk TD again...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie - Who is Sonya? Her soap is fantastic! I would have given her credit, but I could not tell where the pic came from. I found it on Pinterest and sometimes I can't find the source. I wonder if she will tell me how she made that fantastic color? It haunts me in my dreams...

Not_alley - I don't want to take your beautiful mica, but can you tell me if it looks like that plum color?

J, it's not quite that sort of interesting in-between purple and amethyst color in the soap, the delicacy of it does not carry through with intensity b/c it is not that saturated, but it is nice. I really would be happy to give you some so that you can test it and tell me what you think, that is the fun part of having soapy friends.

Last edited:
I am kind of surprised about how much difference there is b/w TD/s. I have tried a number of them, and I have not found one that combines everything I am looking for. My favorite so far is Carolyn's suggestion, the powdered OS from ss.net, but I do pine for the whiteness of Nurture's (but that one seems to lead to more mottling for me.)

Last edited:
Newbie - Who is Sonya? Her soap is fantastic! I would have given her credit, but I could not tell where the pic came from. I found it on Pinterest and sometimes I can't find the source. I wonder if she will tell me how she made that fantastic color? It haunts me in my dreams...

Not_alley - I don't want to take your beautiful mica, but can you tell me if it looks like that plum color?

I'll hunt out my notes tonight and let you know what I used but I know it was 3 different micas

My notes say I used: pink, purple and a little bright blue to get my deep purple

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1437999572.199502.jpg

Thank you Sonya! I love the color you got and your soap looks so beautiful! I've had many failed attempts at that color. I have tried using pink and purple and blue and purple, but never all three. That must be the magic ticket! Great job!

This original post was about my soap being soft and I thought it had something to do with my TD usage in oil. I can now say it was my lye for sure. I used the container up that I suspected over the weekend and all the soap from that will not harden. It may have gotten moisture in it, although it looked fine. I just ordered from a different company to be safe.

I really should have tossed it, but I thought I made a mistake on the previous batch and the lye was fine. So annoying...:-x

It is *so* annoying when the lye goes wrong. There is just no way to figure it out w/o making more (at least a couple of batches if there is that much lye left), and then you are just stuck with crappy batches that are no fun to look at/cut/use, or do anything else with. I don't even want to try rebatching, b/c I have no idea what I am actually working with w/r/t the lye.

Latest posts

Back