Let's share vacation pics!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you visited a beautiful place recently? Sparked from this thread, lets share our vacation photos!

I visited Oahu, Hawaii for a week in early February!

Beautiful view from the top of the Diamondhead crater:

TkX9Bny.jpg

ppiYeHU.jpg

Kailua Beach:

DAyjHYO.jpg

Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay:

qLSNSLs.jpg

Wild chickens everywhere you turn in Oahu:

c3c7JeW.jpg

ATV Tour at Kualoa Ranch:

jUX7OPf.jpg

Byodo-In Temple; a replica of a Japanese temple in Kyoto - right on Hawaii!

wUN1zE7.jpg

Gorgeous view from Makapu'u lookout:

J6EgUzB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so lucky to spend 2 weeks on Kauai. Here are some favorite pictures. The first is a picture of the twin falls featured on Fantasy Island. The next 3 are pictures of the Na Pali Coast. The following 2 pictures are of Waimea Canyon, known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. The next picture is of Kalalau Lookout, a view of the Na Pali Coast from the top. The water really is that color, a cave, and one of the many wild chickens. In 1992 Hurricane Iniki blew through Kauai, destroying chicken coops containing domestic chickens and, sadly, roosters being bred for cock fighting. With no natural predators they are now prolific and everywhere on the island. I loved them!

Fantasy Falls.jpg

Na Pali Coast.jpg

Na Pali 2.jpg

Na Pali 4.jpg

Waimea Canyon 1.jpg

Waimea Canyon 2.jpg

Kalalau Lookout.jpg

Turquoise Water.jpg

Wet Cave.jpg

Rooster 1.jpg

Gorgeous photos dibbles! We loved the "free-range" chickens as well. You couldn't drive a mile down the highway without seeing a chicken or rooster kicking up dirt and looking for bugs on the grass. As a local said... they're probably the happiest chickens on Earth!

We went to New Orleans in July (crazy, I know!) But had a great time with family. Did lots of the touristy thing for the out-of-towners, and had a grand time. Took a swamp tour, and got an up close visit with an alligator. Toured the Audubon Zoo, Aquarium of the Americas, and rode a riverboat while listening to the history of the Battle of Chalmette. I would highly recommend all of these for families with children. But go when it is cooler.

DSCN0114.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

I have more that I'll upload later, but here are 3 pics from some of our vacations:

This first pic was taken at Lake Tahoe, CA (we go there every summer) as we were hiking around the north shore up by Emerald Bay in June:

IMG_0376LakeTahoe640.JPG

This second pic are the Glen Alpine Falls above Fallen Leaf Lake located around the south shore of Lake Tahoe, CA., taken in June. We love scrambling up on the different ledges that you can see going across the midst of the falls.:
IMGP0437FallenLeafLake640.JPG

And the third pic was taken at the Grand Canyon, AZ. I love this pic. It was taken in November and it was a little snowy. I love how the clouds were dipping down low over the canyon. You can see the Colorado River winding its way near the lower center of the pic:
IMG_2679CroppedResized640.JPG

IrishLass :)

Those wild chickens sure have some gorgeous coloring! All the pictures are great.

One of our recent vacations was to Alaska. It's the first time for both of us, and we want to go again because there is still so much to see that we haven't see as yet. Here are only a few pictures out of hundreds.

This represents a long-time desire of mine:
Iditarod%20Trail%20Seward%202016Aug25%20001.jpg

That was in Seward, Alaska. We walked part of the trail that day just so I could say I have done.

On that same day, we also walked to Nugget Falls and Mendenhall Glacier, seen here:
Nugget%20Falls%20and%20Mendenhall%20Glacier%202016Aug25.jpg

A closer look at the Glacier as we got closer. The blue in the ice is incredible.
Mendenhall%20Glacier%202016Aug25%20003.jpg

And just to appease the animal lovers in all of us, here is a porcupine at the side of the road a few days earlier on our trip.

Porcupine%202016Aug22.jpg

Great pics! Hawaii and Alaska are both on my bucket list.

We are going over to Africa(Burundi and Kenya) in a few months, so I'll have to throw some pics up when we get back. Never been over there, so that will be an adventure.

Great pics! Hawaii and Alaska are both on my bucket list.

We are going over to Africa(Burundi and Kenya) in a few months, so I'll have to throw some pics up when we get back. Never been over there, so that will be an adventure.

Please do post pictures when you get back. Sounds like an amazing adventure!

Latest posts

Back