Let's play "What is in Your Freezer"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am sure I am not alone in taking stock of the supplies on hand. I did the deep freeze dive and the strangest thing I found was frozen fish I labeled "Make Lox". Then I checked the upstairs fridge freezer and threw out all the WTH did I waste a container on this stuff.

On the upside I have enough chopped meat to make 4 million tacos, 3 million meat loaves and 2 million shut up and eat it meals.

@Misschief & @bookreader451 , you've both got interesting things! I am a bit alarmed at what's NOT in my freezer....no frozen overripe bananas! For my entire adulthood, I'd been throwing overripe bananas in the freezer to make banana bread later. No one could possibly make or eat enough banana bread for all of the hundreds bananas I've had (and thrown out...) over the years...but suddenly ...nothing. This is the surest sign yet that the end of the world is nigh.....

Hmm.... Fish sticks, spanikopita, popcorn shrimp, cooked ground beef, veggies, goats milk (for soap), pumpkin purée, lunchbox ice packs, and raspberries. Nothing too weird this time. There's usually something unidentifiable, but I recently cleaned out...

@Misschief & @bookreader451 , you've both got interesting things! I am a bit alarmed at what's NOT in my freezer....no frozen overripe bananas! For my entire adulthood, I'd been throwing overripe bananas in the freezer to make banana bread later. No one could possibly make or eat enough banana bread for all of the hundreds bananas I've had (and thrown out...) over the years...but suddenly ...nothing. This is the surest sign yet that the end of the world is nigh.....
I found two in my freezer. You can have them. :)

I have a package of microwave fish. It was a 2 pack and the microwave made it.... I didn’t finish it. Luckily there’s instructions for boiling the package to cook the fish but I was a little traumatized.

I also have sampling’s of popsicles from the past 3-4 years. My husband eats popsicles like nothing else exists every summer and occasionally I get different flavors to try. There’s always one or two from the previous box that gets forgotten when I buy a new box. Half the door is full of popsicle singles with no flavor labels. We’re gonna play roulette this year.

I had the idea to make a wild berry port during the summer. Of course I never got around to it but I have a lot of frozen blackberries and serviceberries still in my freezer.

Stuff I am not sure I will ever use lol, things that have been in there for 2 years- like the 4# of Blueberries we picked and I use in Smoothies (bananas too).
Bunch of things like Veggies, pastas (tortellini), fish sticks. There is also a tiny bag of Dog treats hand made that have been there for 3 years, we don't have a dog but DD wanted to get it for a friend. {roll eyes}

In my deep freeze in the garage

Three giant ziplocks of flax seeds from 2008 which I am sure they gave up any redeeming qualities yrs ago

On the door stands many glass 8 oz mini milk jugs ( jugs came from a local cupcake place)
of lactaid milk as it took 8 orders to even get one time so I divided it and am rationing myself Looks so cute all lined up !

2 weck glass containers glass lids of home made ch noodle soup in case Of tummy bug

bags of ice leftover from last summer for any power outages as june 1 is coming and all residents of the coast prepare for hurricane flooding season / power outages of up to two weeks /road closures w live wires
(Yup we are all wondering what it will look like w corona virus AND flooding in summer in H-town)

saltines x3 leftover from 2018

frozen chicken stock from roasting chicken x3

Meatballs of various types

lots of frozen greens
Collards spinach kale etc

Tall containers Of church made soup for neighbors friends who are ill in mourning etc

fish a considerable amount

chicken breasts in big pkg 6 months old

fruit for hubs smoothies

Many hard ice items -different sizes:
several large for travel trailer camping ..
..couple mediums
The Smalls for lunch kits are inside

ice cream that I cannot eat unless I eat three slices of bread because even lactose tablets are not strong enough to fight the creaminess of central Texas ice cream

fruit veggie pops that no one likes
Yikes time for a Clean out!

special yumminess : 8” spiral curly long pasta x3 that comes in only once a yr but is too diva to live in cabinet

a container that lost its label that I will thaw when I am ready for a surprise

Oh dear
I know what I will be doing tomorrow

Last edited:
Fortunately/Unfortunately we had a power outage in the fall so had to toss most of the food in the freezers. So, I had stocked up on meats and vegetables when things got back to normal so I have plenty to get by for some time. Chicken, turkey breast, ground beef, pasties, meatballs, veggies, fruit plus homemade pea soup, spaghetti sauce. I also have a fairly large pantry stocked with canned goods. I've made two trips to a small local market for fresh veggies and fruit and bread. Otherwise I'm set. Wish I could find flour but none to be found.

I found two in my freezer. You can have them. :)
That's what my mom in Saskatchewan said. Said she'd pop them in the mail.....
I'll have some soon enough, I think: Sunday's online grocery order had 3 bunches and next Monday's has another 3 bunches....

Hub just called our local meat market, and we are going to pick up a side of beef and a half hog in the next few weeks so we will be fully stocked again.
Right now in our freezer(s) is frozen fruit, meats and goats milk (for soap) That's about it.
We have enough in there if we weren't able to shop again, we'd be able to survive for about 6 weeks, then another 3 on leftovers. :(

I did my (now) bi-monthly shopping yesterday. I finally was able to get flour and felt like a millionaire. Still no yeast though. Or toilet paper or disinfecting wipes. At least now I can use those 3 bananas that have been in my freezer for longer than I care to admit.

Flour and yeast. Can't find it ANYWHERE. I thought, oh people are hoarding bread, fine, I'll just make my own. Umm, NOPE.

I just found both flour and yeast at a small bulk food store I forgot about by me. I got 10lbs of flour and a pound of yeast. I'll share the yeast with a couple of my neighbors that have been trying to find it.

Back