Let's play "What is in Your Freezer"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my (now) bi-monthly shopping yesterday. I finally was able to get flour and felt like a millionaire. Still no yeast though. Or toilet paper or disinfecting wipes. At least now I can use those 3 bananas that have been in my freezer for longer than I care to admit.
Make sourdough... no yeast needed. It takes longer but most of us have plenty of time on our hands.

@Kcryss we do this at least a couple times a year. Usually only getting a quarter beef every quarter or so, and a whole hog only once a year, but we'll save money by doing he side instead of quarters.
I don't actually use tallow or lard in my soaps so we don't ask for any renderings.

@Kcryss we do this at least a couple times a year. Usually only getting a quarter beef every quarter or so, and a whole hog only once a year, but we'll save money by doing he side instead of quarters.
I don't actually use tallow or lard in my soaps so we don't ask for any renderings.

Yeah, that's a great way to go. Once we have our freezer up to the new place, we'll be doing the same thing. But I'll be taking all the fat! lol :)

I did my (now) bi-monthly shopping yesterday. I finally was able to get flour and felt like a millionaire. Still no yeast though. Or toilet paper or disinfecting wipes. At least now I can use those 3 bananas that have been in my freezer for longer than I care to admit.
Smoothies Dibbles Smoothies ;)

Well, I know you are in CO, so we go to Hudson's Locker - IMO it's the best place there is in CO
Good to know! They are right off of 76 so right on my way back into town from out here in the boonies. :)

Edit: Looking at their site, I might have to hit them up as a fat supplier. I've been going to Haxtun and Grant NE, but they do look much better. :)

OK, I have a chest freezer, and it is a DEEP dive for me to get to the bottom of it. I will look after I take a chair and whip with me! Some of that stuff has been in there for years!

Latest posts

Back