Let's play Good News / Bad News

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news: It’s raining which I despise

Good News: The rain is clearing the smoke and helping the firefighters win the battle

Did you notice how quickly the seasons changed? I was Summer when the smoke in and we couldn’t see anything for well over a week. Then the rains swept through and boom...it was Fall.

Considering how many towns we lost in our country, I’m thankful for the rain.

Did you notice how quickly the seasons changed? I was Summer when the smoke in and we couldn’t see anything for well over a week. Then the rains swept through and boom...it was Fall.

Considering how many towns we lost in our country, I’m thankful for the rain.

Oregon has truly suffered; and I fear for landslides and flooding. Although I understand there's still a lot of fires spot burning underground...?

Our bad/good: Summer doesn't start here until August, so we're at the hottest and getting drier every week. We still have morons firing off fireworks too. Good news: Getting into the Autumn and Holiday spirit anyway; making Christmas soap tomorrow, painting crafts, dragging out Halloween.

Good news: my husband replaced his death trap of a vehicle (and found out his credit score is AMAZING)

Bad news: my husband spent many thousands of dollars and locked us into a payment plan thats more than my mortgage (though to be fair, my mortgage is very low)

Bad news: our truck wouldn't start yesterday.

Good news: Triple A came out and replaced (not just charged) the two batteries. Didn't know that they have a battery replacement program, and their price was lower than the local battery shop.

Bad news: Truck still wouldn't start.

Good news: Triple A driver towed it straight to our mechanic, who was available to work on it right before leaving on vacation. Normally he's booked out a week ahead.

Bad news: To get the truck to start, mechanic had to disconnect the new CarPlay radio with backup camera that was installed a few months ago.

Good news: The radio installation company looked up the parts that were used, and determined that they used the wrong wiring harness. They will fix this for free.

Bad news: They don't have a service opening for three weeks.

Good news: Bottom line, the truck is working just fine now. Since we sold our car very cheaply to a friend in need, the truck is our only transportation. I keep thinking maybe we should get a second vehicle, but each time we get through a "one-car crisis" like this one, it reinforces the fact that we are just fine with just one vehicle. I'm cheap and don't feel like spending the money to purchase, maintain, or insure another one.

Bad news: 6 inches of drifting snow fall (so 1ft in places), and snowblower broke tonight, and we have a 300 ft driveway.
Good news: We have two shovels!

Bad news: As my rump is thawing and regaining feeling, it's itching like crazy.
Good news: Nobody cares if I'm walking around scratching my rump. 😊

Bad news - we had a pipe break inside our living room wall. We got a plumber in to repair the leak and a company in to dry it out - now we are having a really hard time finding someone to replace the drywall.
You forgot the Good News part.

Bad news: I have a Sinus infection.
Good news: I am Neg for Covid

Good News: Washing Machine Delivery today (for house where my eldest son is now living) - I won't have to do his laundry much longer. (He currently has no car, and snow is everywhere here, so he can't get to a laundromat on his own at this point.)

Bad News: It's going to cost $850.00 for the plumbers to create a legally (per building inspector) approved vented drainage system for the Washer. I had been told they could do it for $400.00 a while back, but apparently the B.I. nixed the proposed plan and now I am stuck with this expense and not happy about yet another financial drain. 😒

Irritation on top of irritation on top of irritation has put me into such a foul mood, and I have decided against going to Washington DC next week. I don't want to risk the danger. I told Hubby to go without me if he still wants to go. They probably won't deploy him now anyway, but we still don't know for sure. He and his co-workers are trained for security, but they don't wear riot gear or carry weapons, so they probably won't be needed. So if he goes, he will be putting himself at risk IMO, but I have chosen against putting myself at risk. I am feeling very badly about having to make this decision, however because I really wanted to be there. 😿

Bad news: my husband got a letter from the IRS saying there was a miscalculation and he owes 2k! :(

Good news: my new cutter arrives today!!!!!!!!!

Good news: I finally bit the bullet, made the plunge, and bought a laserjet printer
Bad news: 3 hours of swearing, dang near crying and couldn't get it to print
Victory news: A huge silly missed setting on my part and I WON!! at least it feels that way looking at my nice shiny sheet of non-smearing labels! :dance:

Bad news - we had a pipe break inside our living room wall. We got a plumber in to repair the leak and a company in to dry it out - now we are having a really hard time finding someone to replace the drywall.
Good news, we finally got our dry wall replaced and painted and it looks like nothing ever happened. More good news, we bought a new house! So new, it hasn’t been built yet. Bad news, it will be about 8 months before we can move in.

Bad news: feeling crummy
Good news: it's not COVID, just spring allergies that arrive with the warm weather every year.
Bad news: it's going into a sinus infection
Good news: our chiropractor daughter is sending some herbal concoction that works for her. We have a lot of the same quirky health issues, so if something works for her, it usually works for me.
Bad news: that concoction won't arrive till Monday and my head might explode before then. 🤧

Hope you feel better soon, @AliOop!

Good news: my flowers in soap dough idea worked!
Bad news: I've just spent about €60 on PME cutters to expand my repertoire 🤦‍♀️

Good news: the gear ties I ordered arrived!
Bad news: the longest one is only about an inch longer than my loaf mould.
Good news: I figured out how to use extra ones to make handles!
Bad news: now I have no remaining excuse for not learning how to do all those fancy swirls...

Last edited:
Bad news: feeling crummy
Good news: it's not COVID, just spring allergies that arrive with the warm weather every year.
Bad news: it's going into a sinus infection
Good news: our chiropractor daughter is sending some herbal concoction that works for her. We have a lot of the same quirky health issues, so if something works for her, it usually works for me.
Bad news: that concoction won't arrive till Monday and my head might explode before then. 🤧
Ugh - me too. Just ordered the first of the season's allergy script. I found out about neti pots about 15 years ago. Game changer. I now have one that is a bottle and easy to clean and sanitize. 'tis the season!
oops - bad news: Allergies have already started
Good news: Pharmacy had my prescription in stock, which has never before happened.

I found out about neti pots about 15 years ago. Game changer. I now have one that is a bottle and easy to clean and sanitize.
I envy you being able to use the NetiPot! I always get an ear infection from those, but I hear so many get a lot of relief. XLear nose spray does help me a bit. Trying to find a hack to make it myself, since it is basically distilled water, Xylitol, and GSE.

Latest posts

Back