Let's play Good News / Bad News

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly @jcandleattic - knowing is half the battle. I'm sure once my husband was able to tell me that his anxiety was high, it made a huge difference to him as well. And that maybe the battle that @earlene is facing as well, her husband doesn't realize the anxiety or doesn't realize the need to express it in a good way. Especially if he's a "guys don't have feelings" type of guy, it may be harder for him to admit it. I wonder, Earlene, if he finds it hard to talk about if you could sit down and reminisce with vacation photos and see if he'll open up just by talking through the memories. Maybe if you specifically have a situation in your memory, just see what he remembers about that place (not the situation), maybe he'll give some clues to some inner monologue that he had going on, or if he was confused or overwhelmed. Agree with him, "yeah it was overwhelming. Maybe next time we should call a coffee break to catch our breath." And for goodness sake, the next time you are traveling and he says he needs a coffee, you go get a coffee! :D

not married but when I go places with my friends we talk before we go. we talk about needing our own space and the fact that if I don't want to do something someone else does that we go our separate ways to enjoy what we want. and we have all said that it helps to avoid the feelings that someone is "stuck" doing things they really don't enjoy. I can imagine maybe needing some alone time even for married couples. I agree that it needs to be talked about before you go

Our flight home was much better because all he had to do was listen and do what I told him to, haha.
Hahaha. That made me laugh out loud. I think a lot of us gals can relate to that. It's a little tricky road to negotiate though, I must say. And sometimes you can be married for 44 years and still have to take the lead. I used to say, "We have 7 children. My 8th, and my eldest, still lives at home with me. He's 86!" hee hee

Mmmm. Sounds nice. Just pour a cuppa, sit down, relax, breathe, and let your sub-conscious find that recipe for ya... who knows, it might work! LOL :smallshrug:

@Zany_in_CO it was so simple too. Thanks, I will do that tonight while DD is at PROM and then over night Grad party at the High School ;)
I've made at least 25 different lip balm recipes and have 24 of them written down, I swear. You guessed it...my favourite one is unlabelled, traceable only by the approximate date i gave it to the person (who I made give it back to me, because they weren't using it), will never be replicated, and is almost down to its last little bit! And whereas I don't make large batches, I do make between 8 and 20 tubes at a time...even if this was an itty bitty batch...where are its other 4 or 5 sister tubes??
And yet it is a miracle....it sat in my car all summer and never melted, but also never froze in winter...I would put it on in sub zero temperatures and it wasn't waxy it was smooth. It was VERY minty, almost as if it had menthol (only a few of mine do and this one was definitely made before I ever purchased the menthol).
Maybe it's not even real? Maybe it's all a lip balm dream.....

Good News: I have my first show of the year this weekend.
Bad News: Anxiety has kicked in full force. I already have the "I have to people" shakes.
That is the worst!! I get that before my shows also.

My good news/bad news, is I'm on vacation!! YAY me,

Bad news - I went to make some masterbatched oils, an am out of 2 of my oils!! 1 is OO and local so no problem, but the other I will have to order in, so can only make half the sized batch I want too.

Oh well, I need to place a bit supply order from a few different suppliers in the next day or so anyway, so I'll just add this to the list.

Bad news: I couldn't log into my Social Security account and the remedy I chose was for them to mail me something (within 4-10 days). It never came.

So yesterday I called SSA to ask for assistance since the mail never arrived. She offered to get the process started over the phone for me, plus email me a temporary password so I could access my account. She asked me all kinds of questions to verify my identity. All was going well, it seemed. Then...

More Bad news: She asked me if she could contact a 3rd party for address verification (they mail me stuff, so I didn't quite understand why they needed to verify my address, but sure, I said yes.) They could not verify my address. So she could not email me a temporary password and could not do anything else except make me an appointment to go in person the my local SS Office. The process she started was suspended until I could prove who I said I was in person in the SS Office. No appointment was available for over a month! While I'm in Hawaii, so two months until I could get an appointment!

I asked why they couldn't verify my address when they mail me stuff and also email me stuff. But, she wouldn't say (probably policy, or she was just uncaring). So I looked on one of the many SSA web pages I had open and found that they verify addresses via Equifax. So I felt compelled to find out if Equifax had an error on my credit report that would explain the failure to verify my address. Lo and behold, one mere tiny little error in my address (probably a transcription error as it was correct in another section of the report.) So then I attempted to file a dispute, which cannot be done online for that type of error. I had to call and talk to a human being. Okay, I often prefer to talk to a human being when these types of complexities exist and maybe she could answer a question as to how the SSA accesses my credit report or verifies my address.

Bad news again: The human being I spoke with was very hard to understand. Even my closed captioning telephone translator could not decipher some of her words. I had to ask her to repeat herself more slowly and succinctly because not only could I not hear her clearly, I couldn't read the words she was saying either! And she asked me even more questions to verify my identity (it seemed like thousands of questions - thank god I don't have dementia!) THEN she argued that I was wrong, my address in the credit report is not in error that it is correct. I am LOOKING at it right this very second. I just downloaded it from the Equafax website; it is here on THIS page in THIS section and this is what it says. It IS wrong. Back and forth, she kept insisting it was not wrong, that nothing was missing from what I could see with my own eyes (my eyesight isn't perfect, but with reading glasses and large enough print, I can read just fine) was missing from my address. So I ask can I send you a screen shot of what I see, because this is WRONG.

So then she starts telling me what she sees and reads it to me. Well, I had to ask her to repeat herself slowly so I could see it on my phone's read-out. She read me the address with the error. Clearly she was reading what I was seeing and she was missing the fact that this was WRONG. So I stopped her and pointed out what was wrong there and FINALLY.

Good news: She finally agreed that it was Wrong and that she would fix it. While on the phone with her she corrected the error and it took effect immediately. Thankfully, but what a frustrating transaction!

More Good News: Now the SSA can verify my address again! Within an hour I was back online and connected to my SSA account and was able to complete the application all on my own in the comfort of my own home and don't have to go into the SSA Office in August. And I didn't have to make any more phone calls about it either. IT IS DONE!

And all this was because of one missing character in my address in my credit report!!!

Can you believe it?

I can believe it.

A few years ago my sister got a new address. The lot next door was building up and they had to rearrange everyone’s official address. My sister was lucky enough to get a brand new, never before used, not on the books address. All her mail gets sent to the neighbors across the street, not to the old or new addresses. My sister would go places and try to get it fixed but it would revert back to the neighbor’s address... turns out there’s some company that controls your address that you don’t know about. The city clerk was slower to change the address in the city computers than this company and the system assigned the closest existing address. It took 6 months for my sister to find out about this company and fix her stuff.

Can you believe it?
Sadly, yes. I can believe it, Earlene. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Unfortunately, it's far too common. I also think you should give yourself a pat a the back for how you handled the situation to a satisfactory resolution. Well done. :thumbs:

FYI, if you get divorced and want to change your name for (i think) experian they want your FULL DIVORCE papers. Ummm NO ! so 1 of the 3 has my married name. :rolleyes:

Bad news: I thought I hand 15 pounds of melt and pour but it turned out to only be 10

Good news: I made 5lbs off melt and pour, had fours hours of crafting time without the cats bothering me, and I was able to pack off nearly 10lbs of soap for my parents.

Bad news: while soaping I dropped several unused pipettes in some spider webs

Good news: when one of the cats was starting to act like he was going to make a fuss he found the pipettes made great toys. (Then an hour later he went centipede hunting for me)

Bad news: I thought I hand 15 pounds of melt and pour but it turned out to only be 10

Good news: I made 5lbs off melt and pour, had fours hours of crafting time without the cats bothering me, and I was able to pack off nearly 10lbs of soap for my parents.

Bad news: while soaping I dropped several unused pipettes in some spider webs

Good news: when one of the cats was starting to act like he was going to make a fuss he found the pipettes made great toys. (Then an hour later he went centipede hunting for me)
What a good kitty!

Good news: I have been working from home for almost a decade, so my daily routine hasn't been upended much, if at all.

Bad news: my daughter, who is self-employed in an "essential business," came down with a cold and has to stay home from work, meaning no income for awhile. Fortunately for her, Bank of Mom is still open. :p

Bad news: Son (& his GF) and I both work at Restaurants so we are no longer working.

Good news: we both have money saved in the bank.
Better news: he learned about saving money- or rather forgetting to deposit checks lol

What a good kitty!

Ben is an ******* but I love him. He sleeps in my armpit. I think he goes out of his way to try to get stepped on cuz maybe I’ll drop food.

my other cats are Abby and Jack. Jack is too old to care about anything that doesn’t involve attention. Abby understands not getting my my way (tiny cat who has been accidentally stepped on) but will scream at me if she wants to know what I’m doing.

I’ve been working at home for many years now. So this really was not much of a change for me.
0F3740B3-DA3E-4781-9178-4C02609435CA.jpeg

Latest posts

Back