Let's play Good News / Bad News

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susie, my husband won't let go back over to Lonestar Candle Supply after my last trip over there.

Good news: I was able to get over to Lonestar Candle Supply without getting lost and taking only back roads to avoid the highway congestion.

Bad news: I spent 3x what I had originally planned to spend once I got there. However, I did get a bunch of great scents and other supplies.

Susie, my husband won't let go back over to Lonestar Candle Supply after my last trip over there.

Good news: I was able to get over to Lonestar Candle Supply without getting lost and taking only back roads to avoid the highway congestion.

Bad news: I spent 3x what I had originally planned to spend once I got there. However, I did get a bunch of great scents and other supplies.

The bad news is that I am allergic to so many fragrances that I don't expect to last long there. The good news is that I don't make candles. So the other good news is that I should not be banned from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news: I have no other "life duties" on the schedule for tonight.
Bad news: I have no idea what I should do first: make bubble scoops, make lip balm, do the water absorption test, masterbatching oils, making soap, or just hang it all and sit on the patio with a book and a cocktail.

I kind of did both. Patio until the skeeters came out, then worked in the soap lab on miscellaneous little projects.

When preparing to take the physiology class I need this fall, I learned that the school now requires 2 prerequisites, one of which I had but chemistry I didn't. So I was totally bummed to know I had to pass chemistry first.

Luckily I had trouble with the website and had to call into the school where I learned that because I'd passed anatomy already, that I would be grandfathered into physiology - no delay, no chemistry!

Good news ---- well, I'm alive, and breathing although barely, and have had the last week off...

Bad news ---- well, I am barely breathing, and have had the last week off... Ended up with pneumonia somehow, and have been put on bed rest. Honestly, I think they would have hospitalized me last weekend had it not been a holiday weekend.
Also, my house is a disaster, and yet, I still have to return to work on Monday. *sigh*

(Brief explanation... I have severe carpal tunnel & ulnar nerve damage..& need surgery.
Doctor and Hospital have separate bills.)

Good News: Neuro surgeon says I can make a down payment, then payments for him doing the surgery.
Bad News: Hospital thinks that carpal tunnel surgery is an Elective (-vs- necessity), & wants $5,000 deposit Before surgery (which is approx. 1/2 of the total)...

Good News: My garden is growing rapidly due to all the rain we have been having, & I dont have to suffer with watering the Garden.
Bad News: All the rain makes all the bugs hungry for my veggies, & I cant "dust" them in the rain!

Good news: I finally made some great looking men's soaps.
Bad news: the fragrance oil faded so badly you can barely smell them

Bad news is I'm home today with a pinched nerve in my neck (my skin hurts!). Good news is I managed to get a lot of prep done for the upcoming (June 17) market. I picked up a Square Reader for contactless & chip, as well as a dock, bought a portable charger, purchased a cash box, receipt book, some cute little chalkboard signs, and a few other supplies, and have them in an easy to carry box. I also put together a cash float (still need $5 and $10 bills) and created a newsletter sign up sheet. The biggest thing I have to do now is decide how much soap to take along and how to display it. Ideas are swirling around in my brain.

Bad news is I'm home today with a pinched nerve in my neck (my skin hurts!). Good news is I managed to get a lot of prep done for the upcoming (June 17) market. I picked up a Square Reader for contactless & chip, as well as a dock, bought a portable charger, purchased a cash box, receipt book, some cute little chalkboard signs, and a few other supplies, and have them in an easy to carry box. I also put together a cash float (still need $5 and $10 bills) and created a newsletter sign up sheet. The biggest thing I have to do now is decide how much soap to take along and how to display it. Ideas are swirling around in my brain.

So excited for you!

Bad news: Amazon tent won't be here till next week.
Good news: Hubby and my mom were able to get the old tent into useable shape for the show this weekend.
Even better news: the Thursday night market that was causing so much drama in my life called to say that they have waived the fee altogether.

The square reader takes debit cards as long as they have a MC or Visa logo. I use the contactless reader most times unless they don’t have a chip. Also, square doesn’t support a dispute with the regular reader if the card has a chip. Only with the contactless reader\chip reader.

Yes, has to have the visa/mc logo which I think they all have now (?)
I plan on getting the chip/swipe reader at some point. They are sending me the swipe for the time being.
i want to see how it all works in action then get the chip.

Good to know Shunt

Good news - ordered the free reader

Bad news - no idea when it is going to get here . Shipped DHL (where do these come from China ?) then gets given to USPS but no tracking. Why bother with the DHL tracking number?

Yes, has to have the visa/mc logo which I think they all have now (?)
I plan on getting the chip/swipe reader at some point. They are sending me the swipe for the time being.
i want to see how it all works in action then get the chip.

Good to know Shunt

Good news - ordered the free reader

Bad news - no idea when it is going to get here . Shipped DHL (where do these come from China ?) then gets given to USPS but no tracking. Why bother with the DHL tracking number?

I got mine within a 2-week time frame, if that helps any.

Latest posts

Back