Let there be science: Amphipathy v. Aesthetics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is why I am gonna understand the underlying molecular reactions, while your soaps are gonna look and smell great :thumbs:

Hermmmm..... I understand the chemistry of soap making AND I like to make pretty soap that smells good. Why are the two mutually exclusive? Another newish poster made a similar statement in another recent thread, so this kind of thinking must be a thing, I gather. From my point of view, however, making distinctions like this is not particularly funny, if humor was intended.

I skimmed the wiki article and I wasn't all that impressed, to be honest. The info was reasonably accurate, but it was basically a superficial overview. I've seen better write-ups available in freshman chem labs for soap making -- some are online, so check 'em out. If you want a serious dose of real techno-geek, however, read Kevin Dunn's book Scientific Soapmaking.

Perhaps you're right, @Hendejm, but I can't tell that for sure. Humor in writing can easily fall flat, unless there's enough context to guide the reader.

The other person's similar comment in the other thread was definitely not meant to be humorous. The pattern created by that comment coupled with this thread has become a bit much for me.

Back