Lemons anyone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
Here is my first lemon FO soap. I used the FO "awaken" from nurture soap and I can't wait to use this one. It has such a wonderful summer time smell to it.

The yellow came out much brighter than I thought it would. You almost can't see the swirls but they are there. I am hoping that it develops more contrast as it cures. I kind of wish I would have added a little red to it for contrast but I like what I see.

Attachments

• 20200719_104124_wm_compress41.jpg
    20200719_104124_wm_compress41.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200719_104244_wm_compress20.jpg
    20200719_104244_wm_compress20.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 32
You can see a hint of the swirl happening on the side of the one bar. Very pretty.

I’ll say a prayer for you. Lol
It will be nice to see all the colors and smell all the scents before I buy them. I only live 2 hours away from Wholesale supplies plus and I was going to start driving there once a month to get what I needed from them but they have closed their retail store for now.

It will be nice to see all the colors and smell all the scents before I buy them. I only live 2 hours away from Wholesale supplies plus and I was going to start driving there once a month to get what I needed from them but they have closed their retail store for now.
I am envious but then again it would be very dangerous to my bank account to live so close to these two suppliers. I live a little over an hour from Candles and Supplies, but other than the no stir palm I get limited supplies from them as they are even more expensive to shop in person than having shipped from some other suppliers. It’s really disappointing. They also don’t have micas. I’ve tried a few of their FO and they were “ok”. It was nice to be able to sniff them first but all that changed with Covid.

I am envious but then again it would be very dangerous to my bank account to live so close to these two suppliers. I live a little over an hour from Candles and Supplies, but other than the no stir palm I get limited supplies from them as they are even more expensive to shop in person than having shipped from some other suppliers. It’s really disappointing. They also don’t have micas. I’ve tried a few of their FO and they were “ok”. It was nice to be able to sniff them first but all that changed with Covid.
I actually live an hour away from another supplier called "soapequipment.com" but they don't have a retail store and you can't pick it up in person. But they are mostly on the large scale side of soap making. They have some really nice stuff but it's not cheap.

@Jersey Girl I just saw your profile picture and I have a wrack just like the one in the picture and didn't even think about using it for soap drying, I just solved my problem of long term drying. Thanks

Wow, you are lucky! No fair! I guess I'm on my way to Indiana!
Yes I am lucky. I lived in Arlington TX before I moved back home to Indiana. I don't remember there being any suppliers there. I have been lucky when it comes to my hobbies. I also have aquariums and when I lived in TX, there was a wholesale aquarium company across the street from me. I worked there on weekends and I got to buy wholesale. It was a blessing and a curse lol.

@Jersey Girl I just saw your profile picture and I have a wrack just like the one in the picture and didn't even think about using it for soap drying, I just solved my problem of long term drying. Thanks
Cool...I got it at Home Depot. I bought two 3 tier shelving units but only used the shelves from the second one so I have 6 shelves. I line it with cardboard. It holds a lot of soap and takes up very little room. I’m really pleased with it.

Cool...I got it at Home Depot. I bought two 3 tier shelving units but only used the shelves from the second one so I have 6 shelves. I line it with cardboard. It holds a lot of soap and takes up very little room. I’m really pleased with it.
I forgot that I had it until I looked at your picture. I am going to get another one this weekend and do the same thing you did. It will be a lot easier than all of the baking wracks I am using now.

The soap really reminds me of a lemon!
Hopefully the soap colour is a bit more like you wanted it to look like.

Regardless it looks very nice and fresh!

The soap really reminds me of a lemon!
Hopefully the soap colour is a bit more like you wanted it to look like.

Regardless it looks very nice and fresh!
Thanks for the compliments. I was hoping to have more contrast but after a week of curing it is developing more contrast.

Back