Lemongrass Partial Tiger Stripes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
okay, i have not finished playing with tiger stripes obviously :D am still quite obsessed with them.. and this won't be my last one..

yellow_tiger2.jpg

scented with lemongrass eo. colorants were cellini yellow mica + yellow oxide for the yellow, td for white, and activated charcoal for black.
the stripes are a bit too heavy for my liking. perhaps next time i should concentrate more on making them thinner.

thanks for looking..

ETA: i think it's worth mentioning that this soap was heavily inspired by Alprinceton's soap: Africa
Thank you Al, for the inspiration..

Last edited:
I understand perfectly why you love tigerstripes. Those soaps are bloody gorgeous and that yellow is to die for!

They are beautiful! I agree with Pepsi Girl about the heavier stripes working better with the vibrancy of the yellow.

Holy Mackerel, that yellow!!! Cellini yellow- I have to go seek that out. Does it show up in the lather? It would be worth, if it does. Love it.

thanks guys :)

@newbie.. yep, cellini yellow mica is a beautiful color. i got mine from coastal scents. i did add a dash of yellow oxide (also from coastal) to achiev a stronger, slightly darker yellow. and nope, it doesn't affect lather. been using this colorant for some time now :)

You guys are so talented. I can't even imagine how this was achieved.

it is actually not that hard. what i did, i put my mold at a slightly elevated angle (45 degree or something), and start pouring the base color (yellow). then, with the stripes part, you just alternate by pouring on the long side of your mold, one color after another. you can also use a cardboard if you wish. if your mold is tall, you won't need a cardboard. to top it off, pour the rest of the base color on top of the stripes. that's it! HTH :)

Gosh thats pretty. I think they look more like zebra stripes than tiger stripes, and I like them all the more for that.

You guys are so talented. I can't even imagine how this was achieved.

Here's a video that'll show you how. Seven's soap is much prettier, but the technique is the same. By the way, now that the secret has been revealed to you, we have a rule here that says you are now obligated to make the soap within thirty days and post the pics to the forum to prove it. Thirty days! ... and the countdown starts now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX-uLftdS_Y

Hahaha, just kidding.
icon_lol.gif
There is no rule, I'm just yanking your chain... but we still love pics!
icon_biggrin.gif

thank you, Tienne for posting that link to the video. yes, that is exactly what i did :)

Here's a video that'll show you how. Seven's soap is much prettier, but the technique is the same. By the way, now that the secret has been revealed to you, we have a rule here that says you are now obligated to make the soap within thirty days and post the pics to the forum to prove it. Thirty days! ... and the countdown starts now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX-uLftdS_Y

Hahaha, just kidding.
icon_lol.gif
There is no rule, I'm just yanking your chain... but we still love pics!
icon_biggrin.gif

Challenge accepted (joke or no joke!)

Tienne's Soap Challenge!!! Yay!! On your marks, set, GO!! :D

Dammit, I guess I have to join in too then, huh? (Didn't quite think that one through.) Oh well, off we go! :D

Tienne's Soap Challenge!!! Yay!! On your marks, set, GO!! :D

Dammit, I guess I have to join in too then, huh? (Didn't quite think that one through.) Oh well, off we go! :D

yes you do, my dear :p

Back