Lemongrass and Cedarwood coconut oil soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy318

Reaction score
This is my first try following a non lard-based recipe, but I wanted to try for a vegan friend I'd like to gift some bars to at Christmas.

I love the crisp white. I colored with turmeric. I used it once in m&p and for a lovely lemon yellow, but obviously did not here! Next time I think I'll try diluting the turmeric first, but I really kind of like the speckled look.

At first I didn't like the scent at all, too much cedar, but its beginning to mellow out and I smell lemongrass with strong undertones of cedar--not great, but its improving.

1441555653368.jpg

Pretty soap! I love the combination of cedar and lemongrass. Given time, in my soap anyway, the cedar faded and the lemongrass becomes more prominent with cure.

I love the look of your soap and I always like the specks tumeric gives. If you want to use tumeric that will give a very pretty yellow to orange purchase a small bottle of Tumeric EO. Trust me you cannot use it as an actual eo for scent it would stain anything it touches. It takes very little to color a 5lb batch of soap batter. I use mine with a pipette

I love the look of your soap and I always like the specks tumeric gives. If you want to use tumeric that will give a very pretty yellow to orange purchase a small bottle of Tumeric EO. Trust me you cannot use it as an actual eo for scent it would stain anything it touches. It takes very little to color a 5lb batch of soap batter. I use mine with a pipette

Thanks for the tip--I'll be on the lookout for some!

Back