Lemon Scented Myrtle

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penelopejane

Reaction score
I have a nice Lemon Scented Myrtle FO that I'd like to make using Essential oils.
I've put off buying EOs as I know they don't stick in CP soap but I thought I'd have a go for my son's wedding.

Lemon scented myrtle FO ingredients
This beautiful fragrance oil is the energetic combination of zingy lemon and orange peel with vibrant eucalyptus, delicately composed with floral notes from the feminine scent of peonies.
Top Notes: Tea Tree, Orange
Middle Notes: Lemon Myrtle, Peppermint
Base Notes: Pink Peony, Cedarwood

I thought I would use Litsea for the tea tree.
Should I buy 5 fold orange or 10 fold? Or is the litsea a substitute for this too and will stick better?
Lemon Myrtle, Peppermint and Himalayan Cedar I can get pretty resonably.
What can I substitute for pink peony?
I thought I'd get bergamot too - can that be used in this recipe?

Any help with amounts or anything else about EOs would be welcome.

Litsea and orange do smell different, though they are both citrusy. Tea tree and litsea are also very different from each other but if you prefer a citric to tea tree, that would be fine. I would go with the 10x orange. It seems you would need a floral note for the peony, since it is a base note, it is probably used at a higher rate, which could make the soap accelerate.

I agree with @glendam that if you need to substitute something for the tea tree EO, use something that smells similar, such as Manuka EO. Otherwise, why not just use tea tree EO? It's cheap and readily available.

Use 10x orange EO for the orange. You can try bergamot, but it really isn't the same as orange EO.
Use peppermint EO for the peppermint.
Use litsea cubeba or lemon-eucalyptus EO for the lemon myrtle.
Use cedarwood EO for the cedarwood (be aware there are varieties of cedarwood that do vary in scent)

I've never smelled pink peony, so I can't help with that one.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. And congrats on the son's wedding!!

Back