Lemon hydrosol safe in hand lotion?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I finally decided to dip my toes in lotion making and want to start with a simple hand lotion.
My supplier gifted me a bottle of lemon hydrosol with my last purchase. I don't usually use hydrosol in my routines so it's been collecting dust, figured it's time to use it up.
But lemon eo can't be used on skin during day because of light sensitivity, I wonder does hydrosol function the same? I would love to make a light hand lotion that I can use all the time instead of only during night.

While it's true that there's photosensitivity if it's not on the face - you can use citrus.

And hydrosols are absolutely great if you sti want some scent without worrying about adding too much (aka because of photosensitivity)

Yes. It can be used in hand cream, body cream,body butter (does not have to be anhydrous), you can use it in your handwash, body wash or a myriad of other things.

I'd be lost without my hydrosols. I often use them as about 50- 80% of my water.

Latest posts

Back