Lemon Extract in CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink-north

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me. I just received a call from a friend who is making CP soap and added lemon extract to fragrance it:oops:. Is there any way to save this batch of soap? If so what can she do? Thank you.

Thank you very much for your help. It appears she added enough that it seized up on her. Actually, according to her description, it separated. Any thoughts on what she could do?

put it in a crockpot, all of it, and hot process it. if she doesn't have a crockpot use a stainless steel pot and put it in a low oven, 170 F

I would throw it in a crockpot or on the stove on low and see if it comest together. I've had to do that a time or two when a batch separated and just would not come together with a stickblender alone.

When I've had that happen, I've put it on the stove on low and kept stirring. Zen soaps has some really good pics of hot process soap making, so you know what the soap looks like at each stage.

Latest posts

Back