Lecithin in Soap Making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSap

Reaction score
For what purpose do soap makers use Lecithin in their formulas?

slowing down trace 1 tbs PPO

That is what I thought. I have had a run of bad luck with Essential Oils and FO causing fast trace or seizing. If I use Lecithin will this help with this? Is there down side to using Lecithin? DOS, or any other negatives?

I have never used it. However soap queen talk about it.

I would do a small batch and try it it should help. also work at room temps. that what another SMF suggested and it worked fine for the fickle oil. I also mixed the FO in with my oil and gave it a good spin with the hand blender then added the lye at room temp.

I had a couple stint with the seizing beast and FO's i just dropped all the temperatures and then things went well. however one of my batches had center gel. :( ... almost wished i place it in the oven at 175.. but ehh it was just fun soap. not selling soap.. so the kids have more soap in three weeks :)

That is what I thought. I have had a run of bad luck with Essential Oils and FO causing fast trace or seizing. If I use Lecithin will this help with this? Is there down side to using Lecithin? DOS, or any other negatives?

Latest posts

Back